Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fizzle bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 01, 2013
I was fighting a lumbering troll in Cyclops Lane with my level 5 fire wizard. The troll went first. The word "Fizzle" appeared over it's head, but the troll didn't even cast a spell!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Seth Silvershard on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:
I was fighting a lumbering troll in Cyclops Lane with my level 5 fire wizard. The troll went first. The word "Fizzle" appeared over it's head, but the troll didn't even cast a spell!
This might have something to do with the severity of the fizzle. I've noticed that if my character has had a Smokescreen or some other charm to reduce accuracy, and I attempt to use a wand hit to cleanse it, sometimes the same thing happens that you've described. My wizard doesn't even go through the casting animation... it simply stands there and the "Fizzle" appears. Other times, they might go through the motions and then fizzle.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I think the recent update may have caused some issues throughout the game. I'm having similar problems with fishing.

I've had fish get away, but there was nothing. No snapping sound, no swimming away sound, no animation. Just suddenly the lure disappeared and I was ready to cast again.

Today, I was in the Drake Hatchery. I had found a Purple Grunion, but it got away. My wizard completely disappeared. Even when I shut down the fishing menu, that didn't help. My mount was invisible too. So I tried fishing again. Luckily another Purple Grunion spawned. This time I caught it, so I was done fishing in the area. I ported back to the Basilica and everything was fine again.

But I've also had some issues during duels as well similar to you are reporting. Not exactly the same, but similar where animations are being bypassed.

The wand fizzle I believe has always been that way depending on the wand you're using. Anything where you stay in your spot to cast will usually show an animation, but wand attacks with bows, swords, or anything where your character would go to the centre of the battle circle it will just show fizzle and you stay in your spot.