Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance or Ice?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 27, 2012
I've decided I want to make a character that is only used for PvP. I'm not a fan of the level 5 and 12 players you see using Triton and Medusa to annihilate everything in their path, so I want this character to PvP at level 50.

I've done my research, I have my pet, and I'm ready to go once I choose which school to use. Balance... or Ice?

I can't decide because with balance, I will be able to get grandmaster quicker and pose more of a threat offensively with Judgement and Loremaster.

But with ice, I can take full advantage of frostbite to go through ones towers, along with Handsome Famori that could potentially save me from an attack from a storm or fire with the accuracy debuff.

Again with balance, I would have Hydra that only a balance could effectively shield from, and trained Black Mantle saves me room in my side-deck for a more versatile game.

Finally with ice again, it gets a great minion and can break towers without throwing away my blades.

So I need help deciding. If any of you have any experience you would like to share, or any input on either of these two schools at this level of PvP, please, let me know.
I'm new to grandmaster PvP, so I could use all the help everyone here has to offer.
Thank you, and have a great day!
Nicholas /

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Ice, at grandmaster, is better defensively and offensively than Balance. Its large blades combined with an Enchanted Armament pet and the use of Luminous Weaver with a Life Mastery amulet make it able to play a mid game offense without having to pick its blades back up, and it has a bubble that it can rely on.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2013
PvP King on Jul 27, 2015 wrote:
Ice, at grandmaster, is better defensively and offensively than Balance. Its large blades combined with an Enchanted Armament pet and the use of Luminous Weaver with a Life Mastery amulet make it able to play a mid game offense without having to pick its blades back up, and it has a bubble that it can rely on.
agreed Alex Stardust lvl 47

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Seth,

I've had both, and I agree with PvP King, Ice is the better option.
From Level 38 up to Level 90, Ice is a hard player to beat.