Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Different Way for the New Mote

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 27, 2012
So we all know that with the ultra update comes ultra seeds and a new mote, the Mote of Transportation, both of which are required the craft the new school mounts.

However, I appreciate that KI added a chance to get ultra seeds from harvesting a regular version of that plant at elder. But, I would like to craft the mounts, and am not willing to spend huge amounts of crowns to buy the ultra dungeons again and again in order to get a single mote to craft the mounts.

So I think it would be really nice if KI added a way to get the new mote that is available to everyone. Maybe the Darkmoor key boss could drop them? Or Morganthe?

I dont think its fair for KI to force us to pay our own money to buy crowns in order to get content on the game. They should at least allow us to get all reagents in some way throughout the game.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2010
Just thought i'd let you know that you don't necessarily have to pay for the ultra dungeons; you can win them in drops. Yes it's a bit of a long winded route but if you're persistent you can win the motes of transport and what not without spending vast amounts of crowns

Survivor
Sep 20, 2013
You can also farm for these ultra one-shot dungeons Jade Oni is one of them, but it is a long list of who drops them I can't post the outside website that had this information, but you can do a search for it.

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Hopeless Dreamer on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:
Just thought i'd let you know that you don't necessarily have to pay for the ultra dungeons; you can win them in drops. Yes it's a bit of a long winded route but if you're persistent you can win the motes of transport and what not without spending vast amounts of crowns
I knew that already, but the drop rates are low, i'm assuming, and the bosses that drop them arent easy. I've only heard that Morganthe drops them so far, and she isnt necessarily hard but I only want to farm her until I get the amulet, then I have other things I need to work on.

I just they should make the mote obtainable directly from a boss available to everyone, not require you to do the exalted challenges in order to get it.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2010
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Jul 16, 2015 wrote:
I knew that already, but the drop rates are low, i'm assuming, and the bosses that drop them arent easy. I've only heard that Morganthe drops them so far, and she isnt necessarily hard but I only want to farm her until I get the amulet, then I have other things I need to work on.

I just they should make the mote obtainable directly from a boss available to everyone, not require you to do the exalted challenges in order to get it.
I recently won the exalted rattlebones one from the final battle in mirror lake, so i believe there's a wide range of places you can win them. However i actually do agree, i pay monthly for membership which is enough as it is, never mind having to spend extra for repetitive challenges that are extremely difficult just to earn one thing.

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
Just farm Rattlebones. I got 5 Rattlebones dungeons within 1 hour (4 were Exalted).