Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Spell Enchant Idea

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 08, 2011
What if there was a sun school spell that could change the school of a card. It would be similar to the mutations but more similar to the original spell and you could use it with any spell. For example if you had a card from a secondary school, you could use the enchant to change the damage to your school's (or the enchant's school) and allow power pips to be used. What do you guys think about this idea?

Timothy Darksword lvl 74

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Too powerful in my opinion. It would upset the balance of gameplay too much. Just an example, storm's spells do the most damage, it would allow storm to use any school with the same high level of damage.

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
Mutates as they exist are pretty worthless, mostly because they convert the spell to off-school damage, which means it wastes power pips and can't use school blades and traps. The might be more useful if you could mutate off-school treasure cards to spells of your school, but I am not sure this is possible, normally enchantments don't work on treasure cards. Due to the high crown cost of buying back training points I am reluctant to experiment. Even if you could, they would be a bit unfair as mutates are unevenly distributed between the schools (there are two mutates each that create fire and death spells, but no mutates that create myth or balance spells).

What Bronco 989 is suggesting would be more useful than the current mutates. I don't know that it is really the best way to go, but the mutates as they exist are some of the least used spells in the game.