Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Malistaire's Fire Robe

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 01, 2011
I have literally done this dungeon over 70 times. The last piece of gear that I need is the Malistaire Ire Robe and it never drops. Even this guy fled when Malistaire was in Shadow form and still got his gear. Is it bugged for me or does the drop rate need to be increased?

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
Zlyxer on Jun 26, 2015 wrote:
I have literally done this dungeon over 70 times. The last piece of gear that I need is the Malistaire Ire Robe and it never drops. Even this guy fled when Malistaire was in Shadow form and still got his gear. Is it bugged for me or does the drop rate need to be increased?
You are not bugged, and drop rate might need to be increased but it's RNG.
You can do this dungeon 100's of times and still not get it.
And you can do it once and get it. It's just RNG.

Nicholas Star

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
mykola230 on Jul 8, 2015 wrote:
You are not bugged, and drop rate might need to be increased but it's RNG.
You can do this dungeon 100's of times and still not get it.
And you can do it once and get it. It's just RNG.

Nicholas Star
this is true; i have completed somewhere between 500-1000 runs and still don't have my boots. i've been farming for 8 months on 3 wizards, and not one of them has a full set.

maybe i wouldn't mind so much if i could skip the first two bosses and just go straight to malistaire, but kingsisle seems to enjoy our collective misery too much for that.

(i just bought my membership back, so i can quest on my low-level wizards/do something that isn't castle dread-more)

-von "shane von shame is pain von lame" shadowsong

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
I would recommend farming exalted Rattlebones instead. Most people prefer his robe over Malistares.