Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

pet vs item cards: still can't tell

AuthorMessage
Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Gentle nudge here: We still can't distinguish visually between cards given by items and pets. It's been an issue for years. With new pets and the addition of cards from jewels, it's more a problem than ever.

I hope the coming update can include a cosmetic change to one or the other so we can tell which card is which. Leopard print is back in, just sayin'

Thanks!

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Prince of Shadows on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
Gentle nudge here: We still can't distinguish visually between cards given by items and pets. It's been an issue for years. With new pets and the addition of cards from jewels, it's more a problem than ever.

I hope the coming update can include a cosmetic change to one or the other so we can tell which card is which. Leopard print is back in, just sayin'

Thanks!
Do they stack?

I thought blue cards with the same stats didn't stack, regardless of source, so this didn't matter. If they do stck, however, it does. And we could leave item/gear cards blue and make pet cards yellow, leopard, zebra,any other color but blue.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
PaigeGoldenspear on Jun 22, 2015 wrote:
Do they stack?

I thought blue cards with the same stats didn't stack, regardless of source, so this didn't matter. If they do stck, however, it does. And we could leave item/gear cards blue and make pet cards yellow, leopard, zebra,any other color but blue.
Yes they stack. It can be annoying at times. My pet gives 3 Sharpen Blade and I have boots that give 1. They will stack, but really I'd have to use all 4 to KNOW that they stacked because they look identical.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Do they stack?

Pet and item stack. That's why it's important to know. Pet sharp vs item sharp, or pet tri blade vs item are different spell cards, but they look identical. If you have both, you don't know which you have in hand yourself, let alone what another player is casting.

Yes, anything but blue for pets, or add an icon. That's the idea. It's a simple fix, just a different background pattern or colour.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Do they stack?

the OP isnt talking about stacking, they're talking about differentiating the various traps/blades while they're spinning around people. For instance, we can't tell the difference between feints, curses, and hexes, or even dark pact, dragon blade, and balance blade. When you start adding in TC versions and potent/sharpened versions, it CAN become a pain to figure out, as was discussed

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/blade-and-trap-differentiation-8ad6a415405d07ff0140647aa2e62a33

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/blades-traps-indicator-8ad6a415422cbb78014231c03b01426f

Survivor
May 01, 2010
This is a huge problem for me; how am I supposed to tell the sharpened blade from my amulet from the two given by my pet? I can't, so I have to guess and hope they'll stack. Yes to the leopard print, too.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
dayerider on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:
the OP isnt talking about stacking, they're talking about differentiating the various traps/blades while they're spinning around people. For instance, we can't tell the difference between feints, curses, and hexes, or even dark pact, dragon blade, and balance blade. When you start adding in TC versions and potent/sharpened versions, it CAN become a pain to figure out, as was discussed

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/blade-and-trap-differentiation-8ad6a415405d07ff0140647aa2e62a33

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/blades-traps-indicator-8ad6a415422cbb78014231c03b01426f
Because I almost never am in a fight with someone who doesn't have Open, it didn't occur to me that this is a problem. I just announce, Normal" or "Sharp" or "TC" or "Sharp via TC". It would be difficult to differentiate if you couldn't communicate that way. . .

Should be an easy fix, and one that enhances game play, not ruins mechanics, strategy or previous gameplay.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
It won't work with Sharpen but with spells like Blades and Traps you can tell where they're coming from when they are cast . If it's a pet card the pet casts the spell, if it's an item card you cast it. I know that doesn't solve the problem of differentiating them in your hand but it makes it clear once it's cast.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
dayerider on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:

No, I'm not.

That can also be confusing, though if players know what they are casting, they can say it, and we can tell sharp from plain or different feints (sometimes) by the % value when cast.

I was speaking about the same spell, such as sharpen blade, elemental, or dispels, which look EXACTLY the same even in my own hand whether given by pets or items. They stack when different, but not when the same. There's currently no way to know which you have before casting.

Right now item and pet cards both have a plain blue background. Changing one, or adding an icon like those from different TC packs would solve the problem.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Prince of Shadows on Jun 23, 2015 wrote:
No, I'm not.

That can also be confusing, though if players know what they are casting, they can say it, and we can tell sharp from plain or different feints (sometimes) by the % value when cast.

I was speaking about the same spell, such as sharpen blade, elemental, or dispels, which look EXACTLY the same even in my own hand whether given by pets or items. They stack when different, but not when the same. There's currently no way to know which you have before casting.

Right now item and pet cards both have a plain blue background. Changing one, or adding an icon like those from different TC packs would solve the problem.
well, it is all part of the same problem really, yours is just more specialized; we need a blade/trap theme to be able to quickly/easily differentiate what we have placed on enemies

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
I've been thinking about this issue, well *these* issues, and I'd actually like a response. Given how necessary to game play it is, it's silly that this is even an issue - let alone that it is going g unacknowledged.

Given the scope of recent updates, it doesn't seem - comparatively - that it would be that difficult to implement.