Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Graphical Update?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
Doesn't anyone think that the first 5 worlds (and maybe Celestial) should receive some kind of graphics update on the textures and assets like the newest worlds.

This game has been going on for a long time now and with today's technology you can argue that it might comparable to Runescape's graphics when seeing today's games.

I understand, it certainly is a lot of money and you need to put out so much resources and time into such development. The fact that there is so much to this game makes the thought of it is nearly, if not, soo lethargic.

But here is what I think of it. Taking such project should definitely help on the longest run. The veteran players, the most loyal of them all, when they get kids, they're gonna get them into this game, the biggest fantasy storyteller ever and that's so awesome. But appealing to new players, that is getting difficult. Sure, fighting Malistaire with high level spells right away is hype enough (on a side note: this use to be the most popular technique to hook players games, now we get games like Minecraft/sandbox that start with nothing and that is popular enough), popping into Wizard City afterwards makes it quite redundant.

What do you guys think? I personally think they should remodel and update the worlds one by one, make it eventful by announcing it everywhere, adding hype to the project, I don't know KingsIsle's financial status but I hope it's more then enough to take on the project.

And if not, then at least change the Comic Sans font!