Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Epic Halloween Bundle

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Every year for the last 4 years, I have requested a bundle for Halloween. As I have stated previously, bundles seem to be a primary focus of KI, and their methods of revenue enhancement. With this is mind, and the popularity of Halloween, I have suggested an "Epic Halloween Bundle" each year. It has gotten many great responses, and a huge showing of support here, and on other wizard fan sites, and groups. Sadly it has not gotten the attention of KI yet, even though it would seem to be a great addition to their cash coffers. So true to form, I am suggesting it yet again, in hopes that it will get their attention, and they will follow through with this suggestion. If you agree, please show your response, and post here. If you don't like it, please post your critiques, as I would be interested in hearing those as well. The following is the original suggestion I made on this topic:

1) A creepy castle(house)- Loaded with spooky sounds, furniture, and all things macabre. Similar to the existing house, but on a much grandeur scale.
2)Royal Carriage(mount)- A multi-rider black carriage pulled by skeletal horses, with a skeletal driver.
3)Warlock/Witches (armor) (hat, robes, boots)
4)Infernal Staff(wand)-something similar in looks perhaps to Malistaire's staff or such?
5)Spooky (pet)-Perhaps a random Frankenstein, Werewolf, or Vampire pet?
6) 5000 (crowns) same as other epic bundles.

Survivor
May 21, 2011
Hopefully they listened last year and took the past year to put this bundle together. I love Halloween time in Wizard, but am ready for a change as many others are I'm sure. I'm a bit surprised they are not taking this idea and running with it, considering the money that can be made from it. I especially LOVE your royal carriage mount idea. Looking forward to seeing if they take this or part of it into consideration. Thanks again for posting!

Survivor
Sep 26, 2013
This is an absolutely wonderful suggestion! I would even take it a step further, and suggest they do them for other big holidays such as Christmas, Easter, etc.

Explorer
Aug 01, 2013
I love this idea yea they should add a halloween bundle why not?

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
This is the best idea I have ever seen posted on the forums. Halloween is my entire families favorite holiday, and we would invest heavily in this; I'm guessing other families would as well. I would buy this as soon as it came available.

Explorer
Jun 29, 2011
Intrepidatius on Jun 1, 2015 wrote:
Every year for the last 4 years, I have requested a bundle for Halloween. As I have stated previously, bundles seem to be a primary focus of KI, and their methods of revenue enhancement. With this is mind, and the popularity of Halloween, I have suggested an "Epic Halloween Bundle" each year. It has gotten many great responses, and a huge showing of support here, and on other wizard fan sites, and groups. Sadly it has not gotten the attention of KI yet, even though it would seem to be a great addition to their cash coffers. So true to form, I am suggesting it yet again, in hopes that it will get their attention, and they will follow through with this suggestion. If you agree, please show your response, and post here. If you don't like it, please post your critiques, as I would be interested in hearing those as well. The following is the original suggestion I made on this topic:

1) A creepy castle(house)- Loaded with spooky sounds, furniture, and all things macabre. Similar to the existing house, but on a much grandeur scale.
2)Royal Carriage(mount)- A multi-rider black carriage pulled by skeletal horses, with a skeletal driver.
3)Warlock/Witches (armor) (hat, robes, boots)
4)Infernal Staff(wand)-something similar in looks perhaps to Malistaire's staff or such?
5)Spooky (pet)-Perhaps a random Frankenstein, Werewolf, or Vampire pet?
6) 5000 (crowns) same as other epic bundles.
How about instead of some of the Spooky pets you listed, they could use this: (Along with the Werewolf one.)

1. Silver Ghost
2. Black Gobbler
3. Red Wraith

Instead of just a creepy castle, it could be a haunted castle, with fog floating in the air, zombie hands reaching out of the ground, and eerie shrieks from ghosts, that you can turn on or off. The inside could have a fireplace with blue, purple, and red embers flickering in the darkness of the inside of the house. There could be two stories. The second one with the roof destroyed in a way that a giant monster could have gnawed the top of the house off. There would be swamp water trailing down a part of the basement's wall, from the small pond above the basement. Within the basement, there could be a, "terrifying," creature's face carved into one of the wooden walls. The face could be a deformed skull.

What do you guys think of my extension to Intrepidatius's idea?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Aaron FireEyes on Jun 4, 2015 wrote:
How about instead of some of the Spooky pets you listed, they could use this: (Along with the Werewolf one.)

1. Silver Ghost
2. Black Gobbler
3. Red Wraith

Instead of just a creepy castle, it could be a haunted castle, with fog floating in the air, zombie hands reaching out of the ground, and eerie shrieks from ghosts, that you can turn on or off. The inside could have a fireplace with blue, purple, and red embers flickering in the darkness of the inside of the house. There could be two stories. The second one with the roof destroyed in a way that a giant monster could have gnawed the top of the house off. There would be swamp water trailing down a part of the basement's wall, from the small pond above the basement. Within the basement, there could be a, "terrifying," creature's face carved into one of the wooden walls. The face could be a deformed skull.

What do you guys think of my extension to Intrepidatius's idea?
I think you have some wonderful ideas. My apologies that it took me so long to respond.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I like it. The mount sounds a bit big but still cool nonetheless. With KIs history of referencing pop culture I was thinking they could really do a lot with an Addams Family theme. For pets they could have Cousin Itt and Thing (the hand in a box). I especially like the idea of a disembodied hand as a pet! And for decoration, how about Morticia's carnivorous pet houseplant, Cleopatra. She would look great sitting in the corner of the house gulping down chunks of meat.
I'd also like to see the addition of "haunts" for your property. Random ghosts and other paranormal critters that would roam freely around your grounds. Maybe they could even be set to taunt and harass unwanted guests.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
TucsonWizard on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:
I like it. The mount sounds a bit big but still cool nonetheless. With KIs history of referencing pop culture I was thinking they could really do a lot with an Addams Family theme. For pets they could have Cousin Itt and Thing (the hand in a box). I especially like the idea of a disembodied hand as a pet! And for decoration, how about Morticia's carnivorous pet houseplant, Cleopatra. She would look great sitting in the corner of the house gulping down chunks of meat.
I'd also like to see the addition of "haunts" for your property. Random ghosts and other paranormal critters that would roam freely around your grounds. Maybe they could even be set to taunt and harass unwanted guests.
More great suggestions.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2013
I am liking all the suggestions I see here. In keeping with the "Adams Family" theme suggestion, how about a tall Frankenstein-esque butler npc who wanders around the mansion?

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I have always been a fan of H.P Lovecraft, so about a Hastur, or Cthulu pet for the bundle?

Explorer
Sep 26, 2013
Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
A creepy moat surrounding the mansion with tentacles, or skeletal hands, or such, reaching from the water would be nice also. I think this would be the most successful bundle ever. I would buy several of these for family & Friends.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Yes Please! Please, do a Halloween bundle

I'm still hoping for a Halloween themed world with quests based on:

*The Canterville Ghost (regret and sorrow)
*The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (jealousy & revenge)
*Dracula (bitterness and regret)
*The Others (shame and fear)
*Hamlet (grudge, revenge, regret at unspoken truth)

*Christmas Carol (regret of greed and wrong priorities - and redemption through revolution in thought, belief, and action)

--without the Christmas Spirit stuff translates into the ghosts could be Seraph Messengers attempting to teach and save a man about to fall to Marley's fate, and that of all the other un-resting dead of that world.

copied from https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/feedback-friday-4-27-12-48811

and this one has a lot more about the Halloween world and the Halloween Bundle timed for the same marketing https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/feedback-friday-7-27-12-52394

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Oh and last night I had an idea for the pet.

- It could be a little headless horseman on his horse.
- He'd have a jack-o-lantern for a head. And for his amusing spell casting animation he could intensify the glow of the candlelight inside his head. And the rest of the time it could pace around you and once in a while drop his head or kind of juggle/fumble it trying NOT to drop it.
- He'd have 2 heals as talents - one is instead of Spritely he'd have "may cast Vampire" and the other is instead of Unicorn he'd have "may cast Mega Scarecrow" and the mega scarecrow means that it draws health off every foe and sends health out to every friend.

And I don't think the carriage mount would be too big - look at the Christmas sleigh. It's like the coach of death in Darby O'Gill.

Survivor
May 08, 2009
Love the idea but I am just going to give you my version of it.

Introducing the Terror Bundle. This bundle well consist of your very own Dark castle (design will be patterned off of Darkmoor). Ware, you may enjoy the frightful decor of this large structure filled with secret passages or walk the grounds leading to your dual circle in the middle of a dark and foggy graveyard. The graveyard is also the home of the grave digger( a ghoul that you can gain a daily reward from, also it is always night in this house). You will also receive the terror armor set and Skeletal Dragon pet along with the Skeletal carriage mount (Which is a carriage being pulled by a Skeletal horse and the interesting part is that you are inside of the carriage which is something I believe has not been done yet).
Armor set.

The mask of Terror gives you Plague.

The cloak of Terror gives you Deer Knight.

The bouts of Terror gives you Amplify.

The staff of Terror used the death attacks such a life tap.

The armor set looks a lot like Vladimir Darkflame's while the staff looks like it is made of bones holding a red orb while a dark mist emanates from said orb.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
This "Halloween" themed bundle could also include gauntlets. A Halloween gauntlet against some classic villains of Halloween such as : Sam Hain, Freddie, Jason, Jeepers Creepers, etc. The list of possibilities goes on and on. KI could also make a Halloween themed side world, with near endless content. I am convinced this would be a huge money-maker for KI. I really hope they are listening.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
I love all of these suggestions. I think expanding on them, as some have suggested, is genius. A "Halloween" themed side-world would be incredible. It has so many possibilities. Ravenwood could have a sister city there. The residents there could celebrate/live the Halloween holiday everyday. It could be full of fun areas to explore, all designed around a Halloween theme. There could also be areas to avoid, where the infamous of Halloween dwell. I think this whole concept has unlimited potential, and would generate huge profits for KI, but more importantly, fun and participation for the members.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2013
Intrepidatius on Jul 1, 2015 wrote:
This "Halloween" themed bundle could also include gauntlets. A Halloween gauntlet against some classic villains of Halloween such as : Sam Hain, Freddie, Jason, Jeepers Creepers, etc. The list of possibilities goes on and on. KI could also make a Halloween themed side world, with near endless content. I am convinced this would be a huge money-maker for KI. I really hope they are listening.
I agree.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Intrepidatius on Jul 1, 2015 wrote:
I love the idea of adding a Halloween Gauntlet to the bundle! I'd want to be careful not to include the likenesses or allusions to the modern horror villains that kids purchasing the card or visiting the gauntlet of a friend might recognize if the animation, name or story line was too close. If they are young enough and had seen the wrong parts of the movies it could bring back bad memories.

BUT - if it was styled after a classic Haunted House and Maze with sudden surprises, a spooky atmosphere, and the foes were like the ones most young people take for granted as part of classic Halloween time - Headless Horseman, Frankenstein, green skinned witches, various ghosts, Dracula, bats, etc. - that might be awesome.

Rewards Could Be:
  • stitch-able & dyable costumes
  • a "wand" that's a hovering Jack-o-Lantern (like the book pets)
  • a random selection of all the Halloween Time dropped Crown Gear & Holiday Gear
  • - based on the level of wizards playing.
  • a random selection of all the Halloween themed pets
  • Halloweenish Mounts - bat wings, a broom with a jack-o-lantern or witch for the "hood ornament", a chance for an ultra rare drop of the coach that came with the card, skeletal horse mount - etc.
  • transformations into the Dracula, the witches or like Casper the Friendly Ghost type ghost, etc.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2011
I LOVE all these ideas but i think the current armor looks great already.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
DorkusMaxximus on Jun 25, 2015 wrote:
I am liking all the suggestions I see here. In keeping with the "Adams Family" theme suggestion, how about a tall Frankenstein-esque butler npc who wanders around the mansion?
Love that idea

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
I'm really just here to say, "Yes, please!"

I love this idea so much. I also love the idea of doing more bundles and side worlds for other major holidays. And gauntlets within the bundles. Great ideas here. Please do this!

Survivor
Sep 26, 2013
KI could we please get a moderator to respond to this please? It has been suggested over and over, with some fantastic ideas. It seems we are all ready to get out the debit cards, and enrich your coffers. So, how about it? Will we finally see what so many want, or can you at least respond and let us know why? Thanks, I and my family, and friends, eagerly await your response.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
DorkusMaxximus on Jul 10, 2015 wrote:
KI could we please get a moderator to respond to this please? It has been suggested over and over, with some fantastic ideas. It seems we are all ready to get out the debit cards, and enrich your coffers. So, how about it? Will we finally see what so many want, or can you at least respond and let us know why? Thanks, I and my family, and friends, eagerly await your response.
Yes!