Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Wizard Grand Trial

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 05, 2011
How about if there's a tower that's 100 floors/levels to prove your skills. Players who move on every other 20th floor will get a new title of D class wizard to a S class wizard. Also I think admission should be 100k gold per entry/attempt. Also a potion vendor is offered every 10 floors. The battles will consist of random mobs and bosses that some can cheat. The drops are up for developers but personally I want items from packs. Also TP ISN'T allowed. Level 100+ to enter. Feel free to expand on this

Jack Goldblood Exalted

Explorer
May 19, 2014
Jack GoldBlood on May 27, 2015 wrote:
How about if there's a tower that's 100 floors/levels to prove your skills. Players who move on every other 20th floor will get a new title of D class wizard to a S class wizard. Also I think admission should be 100k gold per entry/attempt. Also a potion vendor is offered every 10 floors. The battles will consist of random mobs and bosses that some can cheat. The drops are up for developers but personally I want items from packs. Also TP ISN'T allowed. Level 100+ to enter. Feel free to expand on this

Jack Goldblood Exalted
Big Ben wasn't enough? lol

Survivor
Nov 13, 2009
Would players be able to save their position in the tower if they log out? Because 100 floors of bosses & general creatures that are ranked for exalted wizards will make the tower take HOURS, probably longer than Darkmoor, and that dungeon is already seen as a pain. Also, could you explain the reasoning for the 100k admission? It just seems unecessary in my opinion. Lastly, where would it be located? and would it be free to all players, or paying players?

Survivor
Feb 05, 2011
SpaceYun on May 28, 2015 wrote:
Would players be able to save their position in the tower if they log out? Because 100 floors of bosses & general creatures that are ranked for exalted wizards will make the tower take HOURS, probably longer than Darkmoor, and that dungeon is already seen as a pain. Also, could you explain the reasoning for the 100k admission? It just seems unecessary in my opinion. Lastly, where would it be located? and would it be free to all players, or paying players?
They would save their position. Maybe that's too much, I kind of agree (maybe checkpoints/questline?), but it would be cool to have a true test of your spells and can show off a 'S class wizard' as your title. For the 100k, I want it to be very exclusive and I want to be a cost so people can't constantly go in (but it can be 25k). I think it should be in WC in a new expansion for paying players. Thanks for the feedback! :)

P.S Big Ben is not big enough XD

Jack GoldBlood Exalted

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I'm just curious...
Can you please go into more detail about D Class through S Class wizards? What is the significance of these classifications and how did you arrive at them? What happened to A, B and C? And T through Z?
Also, what do you mean by TP when you say "TP isn't allowed"? If you mean Team Play, then you intend for this to be soloed which I don't think is realistic (except for maybe Life or Death wizards) given that the "refueling" stations are every 10 floors.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
TucsonWizard on May 28, 2015 wrote:
I'm just curious...
Can you please go into more detail about D Class through S Class wizards? What is the significance of these classifications and how did you arrive at them? What happened to A, B and C? And T through Z?
Also, what do you mean by TP when you say "TP isn't allowed"? If you mean Team Play, then you intend for this to be soloed which I don't think is realistic (except for maybe Life or Death wizards) given that the "refueling" stations are every 10 floors.
He meant teleport.

And i have to give this a: Maybe

Pros:
  1. It would give insane gear. (better then darkmoor)
  2. It would help people receive new challenges and ideas for gear setups.
  3. People would like to challenge each other to see how high they can get.

Cons:

1. People would posibly ragequit because of OP.
  2. Gold, if not completed the dungeon, would go to waste.
  3. Wizards would lose the XP they should get from storyline quest because of this.

Also, maybe not just "battles". I like the puzzles they put in dungeons, such as the tomb of storms, the hollow mountain, practically they put a puzzle in each one. So why not make it 50/50? half of the floors would be fights, and the other half would be puzzles (and if it's to much, then how about 25/75? 25 for puzzles and 75 for fights.)

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
I'm just curious...
I think he meant "teleporting" though I may be mistaken. Anyway, there should definitely be checkpoints, and also if you did mean Team Play, make it solo-able for all wizards. Other than that, this is a good idea, except the gold! It should be about 30k per entry. Other than that, this is a good idea. And I mean it this time.

Geographer
Apr 29, 2012
How about instead of the original thought being that it's made for exalted wizards: how about each floor is made for a level? Floors 1-20 would be challenging for wizards levelled 1-20. Same for 21-40, 42-60, 61-80 & 81-100. And I mean very challenging, otherwise the exalted would get bored and the novices would brag about how many TCs it took them to get to floor 20.

By difficult, I mean cheating should start at latest on floor 20, and on floor 100, 4 level 100s with full Crown gear would need TCs and intense research on cheats.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2011
I'm just curious...
Well if you know the anime 'Fairy Tail', I kind of gotten inspiration from that. So anyway there's a thing in the current season I'm watching called the 'S class promotion trial' and I thought to myself it would pretty cool to have a title on wizard. and TPing is just a extra challenge too.

Jack GoldBlood Exalted

Survivor
Feb 05, 2011
Thanks for the feedback guys!

Jack Goldblood Exalted

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
How about this for a twist on your idea. Have the tower with endless floors as a survival mode for wizards as a challenge to see just how far you can make it. First couple of floors will be really easy like a living puppet so low level wizards can participate. But then It will become increasingly harder the more floors you go up until even the best of us will fall. I agree that you should be able to save and log out, but leaving the tower to go refill mana or health will reset it.

There should also be a leader board pedestal at the entrance honoring those who made it further than anyone else.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
I think this dungeon should:

1. Have closer "refueling stations".

2. Meant to be soloed.

3. Have the 100 floors.

4. Give the best gear for each 20 levels.
a. Can't be sold at any shop.
b. Can't be stored in the shared bank.

5. Have an insane reward once you complete it (like new spells, increased gold cap, a hoard made up of crowns even!).

Do you think this dungeon should be have those features?

Explorer
Jan 28, 2012
I like the idea but you need to solve the time problem. I could take too long to complete. I mean people do other things during the day. Maybe a save progress every few floors?

Survivor
Feb 05, 2011
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
as if darkmoor wasn't enough, you are proposing we add a 100-floor slogfest that requires more research than a ph.d. thesis? oh heck no.

like, seriously, who has time for all this work? i play to unwind after a long and crappy day in cubicle-land... not to work a second job. i would never put myself through that amount of stress for a game, even if someone paid me (well, maybe for a million dollars and another malistaire sequel).

-von

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
I think it would be fun and could. It could have 100 floors, but not necessarily 100 battles.

So every 10 floors: 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 99 (because 100 would be like final boss), would not have enemies to fight. Instead, these rooms would be filled with health and mana. Also, these could be the puzzle rooms, meaning to get to your next set of 10 levels, you would need to complete the puzzle. Also, these rooms would have checkpoints, since 100 floors would take forever. So, if you know you have to stop playing soon and you're at the 48th floor, you know that in two more floors you can exit and be safe. Also, in these rooms you could teleport out and it would have the teleport return thing for a set amount of time. But this would make it much easier and less time-consuming as you could always leave and come back.

I'm guessing it would be like an extreme golem tower, where the first floor is a weak enemy, but by the time you get to say, the 68th floor, you're fight four powerful enemies.

It could be like darkmoor, where you have a chance to get -name of tower- gear. It would have a set for all schools (and maybe a universal set would be cool). The higher the floor, the higher chance of getting the drop. Maybe like darker, at the 99th floor, their would be a character (like the same one who gave you the quest to go into the tower) would be waiting gather and he would give you a new spell (depending on school). That would make it much more exciting. This could be turned into its own dungeon thing like darker or Aquila.