Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Oh Deer! The story of an Aphrodite glitch.

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 26, 2009
So begins my tale of woe...

There were four of us in this order; Fire, balance, storm and me, life. We were facing all death tendrils and it was the beginning of the turn, we went first. The fire wizard cast dragon as he wanted to see what would happen since there were no life tendrils to cast mass triage. The first tendril responded with a deer knight immediately after his cast. Then the second tendril followed in kind. They all cast deer knight and then we thought our turn would continue. It did not.

For about 12+ skipped turns (I lost count) the cycle continued, first tendril to last, then back to first tendril again. Each one casting deer knight. My team was wiped out in several of THEIR turns. I managed to remain alive only beause I have 101 death resist and was in sentinal shadow form. Any damage I absorbed from them I was immune too and direct hits were just about 100 damage. My pet healed me several times and casted unicorn several times reviving my teamates (only to be slaughtered again).

Again the turn never ended during this period to allow us to flee or pick a spell or do anything. I started making lunch and watched the drama unfold from the kitchen as I wanted to see what would happen. So the fire wizard flees by disconnecting (I'm guessing) and the three of us remain. Evntually the others follow the same pattern but they returned to the battle. I was down to the last bit of health and when I died then turn ended. I was able to flee and they rejoined the fight. When I returned I discovered that the tendrils were also taking damage from the fire dragon ticks. However they began to start the deer knight sequence all over again (at which point I quit).

So just a warning stay away from those DoT spells. Especially when there are no life tendrils

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
Unfortunately I was not aware of this bug and purchased a storm henchman.
This is my tale of woe:
My experience with a glitch in Darkmoor was almost laughable, for awhile anyway. My life wizard, Rowan Storydreamer, and a friend Alric Icemancer, attempted to do the gold key in the graveyard. Week before we had read the hints, tips and what to expect about this fight.
We purchased a henchman to help us out (life and storm). The tendrils were 1 life and 3 death. The battle was going fairly well until the storm henchman hit a death tendril with a storm hound. This triggered a cast of Deer knight. Then things went at first funny then all wrong.

I have a great healing pet that heals almost every time I get hit. Well every time my pet healed all 3 death tendrils would cast Deer Knight and say “summon the deadly hunt”. Occasionaly my partner’s ice bird would also heal. My partner and I never got a chance to select another spell. The game took over pet heals vs. death tendrils. I lost count after 57 deer knights cast.

Then to add insult to injury we both got the screen of death – “you have been disconnected due to inactivity” Well there was plenty of activity, but we could join in and select a hit.
When I tried to log back on first I got the message that I was already logged on, so I had to reboot my computer. Then I got the message that my name and password were incorrect. I eventually succeeded in getting back on. Clicked the resume fight button. Arrived just outside the fight ring to immediately be relocated to the outside of the graveyard gates with a message that time to re-enter the dungeon had lapsed.

So I am out crowns for several henchmen purchases and 2 elixirs. My gold key is gone, and over two hours of my time wasted. My partner also experience similar disconnect and while he did arrive back in the fight, he soon got the time is expired notice and was also relocated outside the gates.
So dang frustrating. I won't be back for some time