Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Third layer of couch potatoes?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 29, 2009
Okay so I recently made a 36 plot couch potato stack, but for some reason I can't seem to help the top layer. I used a large watcher rug, crates, and tatami floor mats to put a ball of yarn as a marker for the couch potatoes, but when I cast the spell it only gets the bottom 2 layers. If anyone could maybe link a picture of how they did theirs or explain how they get the 3rd layer of the 36 plot I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Nathan Drakeblood 100

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
All I can say is the exact same thing happened to me to. Sorry I had to take off the top layer.

Scarlet ShadowStone Exalted

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I'm questioning why you would want a 36 couch potato plot? At 36, every time you re-seed the plot, you will be out of energy before you finish. Your only recourse would be to use an energy elixir, which gets expensive, or wait to finish until your energy refills naturally. Neither of those seems to be a good option. Why not have a 9 plot double stacked on two different wizards? You reap the same benefits, but w/o the hassle, and the needless cost of the 36 plot. <9x2 + 9x2 = 36>

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Intrepidatius on Apr 30, 2015 wrote:
I'm questioning why you would want a 36 couch potato plot? At 36, every time you re-seed the plot, you will be out of energy before you finish. Your only recourse would be to use an energy elixir, which gets expensive, or wait to finish until your energy refills naturally. Neither of those seems to be a good option. Why not have a 9 plot double stacked on two different wizards? You reap the same benefits, but w/o the hassle, and the needless cost of the 36 plot. <9x2 + 9x2 = 36>
Depends what level you are. My 2 wizards that garden CP's each have 69 plants in a stack and I manage them just fine without energy elixirs.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Wow. I misread that really bad. I need to be free of prescribed meds when making posts, as it seems they are affecting my ability to comprehend, and do basic math. Anyway, to answer your question, stack them closer together, and it should work. Good luck.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Intrepidatius on Apr 30, 2015 wrote:
my wizard has about 180 energy by using gear that gives extra energy. Also, at l100, you have 100 energy as the baseline, so it IS possible to do

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Nathan DrakeBlood on Apr 30, 2015 wrote:
Okay so I recently made a 36 plot couch potato stack, but for some reason I can't seem to help the top layer. I used a large watcher rug, crates, and tatami floor mats to put a ball of yarn as a marker for the couch potatoes, but when I cast the spell it only gets the bottom 2 layers. If anyone could maybe link a picture of how they did theirs or explain how they get the 3rd layer of the 36 plot I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Nathan Drakeblood 100
You need to use a target and aim the spell at the second tier. A lot of people use things like flag poles and such

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I have several triple layer gardens - some are all large soil plots and others are all medium soil plots.

I use a light pole in the center of my garden to "touch" when I cast the spell and in the Red Barn House I set my gardens up in the back field and make the ring of the spell float just above the top of the fence. With medium plots that tends to show up as just skimming the surface of the middle layer. On large soil plots for the couch potatoes it's actually below the middle layer. The important thing in either case is touch the center pole and raise or lower the glowing spell ring to just a little above the fence.

Hope that helps :D

Explorer
Apr 26, 2010
Was the drop rate for couch potatoes lowered in grizzleheim?