Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Boss loot and you

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 15, 2009
Following the release of Jewel socketing we were given access to a handful of new bosses in various worlds around the spiral. One of the most infamous of these new bosses is Aphrodite 2 in Darkmoor. The mean green power flower from the outer void ( her words not mine).

This boss is one of the most challenging to date. She provides a strong offense that can easily throw a team off if they are not fully prepared for what she has in store, but that is not the issue.

The big issue is what she drops. You would think that a boss who can make even veteran players sweat would give us some very worthwhile rewards and while it is true that the athames and rings she gives are very powerful indeed their rarity leaves something to be desired.

As if it were not bad enough for some reason a bunch of the filler gear she drops is extremely low level and not useful in the slightest to level 100 exalted wizards.

I am course referring to the inclusion of her gem drops which for some reason she frequently drops gems that are for wizards level 15 and up and have almost no value to wizards at level 100.

I understand the need for a boss to have filler in order to keep us from getting the best gear within the first couple tries ( without an unheard of amount of good luck), however these extremely low level drops almost make me feel like I am being mocked.

I spent a good thirty minutes taking this boss down and all I am given is a cracked opal and some treasure cards? that really feels like I am being made fun of and it's very discouraging. ( I completed this boss several times and each time I got cracked gems and treasure gems. so yes I did fight her more than once)

I am not asking that you give us the best she has to offer, but I would like to humbly request that you rework her drop table. cutting out the low level gems, treasure cards, and garden plants and insert ones with more value to high level wizards.

If I had to make a request I would ask for gems more along the lines of levels 80-100. Gems like that would be of far more value to the wizards who fight her and it would give us something else to look forward to other than of course her best drops.

I eagerly look forward to your response if of course you can take some time to reply. if not I understand and that is fine too.

patiently waiting, Samuel Dragonsword level 100 exalted storm wizard

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Once you defeat the 4 tendrils, a golden treasure chest usually shows up that contains Aphrodite's items. I said usually because the chest hasn't showed up twice for my group so far.

Historian
May 15, 2009
FusionSun on Apr 25, 2015 wrote:
Once you defeat the 4 tendrils, a golden treasure chest usually shows up that contains Aphrodite's items. I said usually because the chest hasn't showed up twice for my group so far.
um that is where you are supposed to get your rewards from.
and that chest is what gave me the cracked opal and treasure cards