Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Sounds to item collection quests

AuthorMessage
Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Good day!

Through the various "defeat & collect" quests in my adventures, I noticed that there are no sound effects that lets us know if we succeeded in getting items by defeating the specific creatures in the Spiral before finishing the goal that has us get them or failed after. I think there should be new sound effects added so we can be more informed on if we succeeded in getting items through after defeating specific creatures or have failed after defeating the specific creatures. I would like to hear new sounds through that, if you would please add them in.

Thanks for listening!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
There is a sound effect (Horns) when you succeed in getting the final one of your collected items. Otherwise, there's a printed message after each battle that lets you know how many you got in that battle and updates your current status...
ie. "You've collected 7 of 10 "insert item""

There are times when the creatures you're fighting might be part of more than one quest. If that's the case you have to watch carefully because the printed updates will appear separately after the fight.
ie. "You've defeated 2 of 6 "insert mob""
"You've collected 0 of 4 "insert item""

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
TucsonWizard on Apr 23, 2015 wrote:
There is a sound effect (Horns) when you succeed in getting the final one of your collected items. Otherwise, there's a printed message after each battle that lets you know how many you got in that battle and updates your current status...
ie. "You've collected 7 of 10 "insert item""

There are times when the creatures you're fighting might be part of more than one quest. If that's the case you have to watch carefully because the printed updates will appear separately after the fight.
ie. "You've defeated 2 of 6 "insert mob""
"You've collected 0 of 4 "insert item""
But that's not what the OP was asking for. He was asking for a sound to be played when you collect just one of many items you need for a quest, which isn't a bad idea.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
lewski on Apr 24, 2015 wrote:
But that's not what the OP was asking for. He was asking for a sound to be played when you collect just one of many items you need for a quest, which isn't a bad idea.
Yeah, I realize that... it was just my way of saying "read the messages" - because that's pretty much what they're there for. When you get the Horn you know you're done. Otherwise - hmmm, was that the "you got one of what you need" sound or was that the "you got all of what you need" sound, and if you do happen to be working on two quests at once, which can happen as I mentioned before, then you're faced with figuring out which sound was for which quest...which you can do by reading the messages. Just my opinion but if we keep adding sounds we could end up with an entire symphony after the battle.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
lewski on Apr 24, 2015 wrote:
That, & a sound played for if we fail to get the items needed for a quest after defeating select creatures, too. Other than that, yes. It's what I was requesting. Thanks for that kind encouragement.