Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Darkmoor Gear better than Tartarus and WW?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Hi Everyone,
after a LOT of failure my Fire Wiz has just completed Darkmoor. I didn't get any Mallistaire Gear but I did get an amulet from Von Shane and two pieces of Darkmoor gear a hat and robes. I'm just wondering if this gear is better than Tartarus or WW. I went through Tartarus once without getting any Hades gear and didn't want to keep wasting time so I've been questing in KS with my WW gear (holds up pretty well) I'm in part 2 of KS and apart from the health increase I'm just wondering whether I should:
A: Finish KS in my WW gear
B: Farm Tartarus for Hades gear THEN finish KS
C: Farm for the Darkmoor boots and finish KS
D: Try the heartache of farming for Malli gear ( I love the staff want one so bad lol) and then finish KS
Basically I'm trying to get a better idea of the gear in terms of finishing KS.
Any help from Wizards using Darkmoor Gear (or if there is more gear I don't know about.) would be really helpful.
Michael Dragonflame Promethean

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
For most playstyles Mali is the top gear in the game. WW is the best at level. Skip Hades, it's not worth the effort. Farm Graveyard if you want to. You can certainly finish the game with WW and/or crafted gear.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2011
Darkmoor gear is the best so far in the entire game. Best resist besides jade gear. Has good damage. Gives shadow pip bonuses. PLUS AWESOME CRITICAL! The wands of Darkmoor are the best also. I would recommend Darkmoor gear to everyone that is max. Steven Soul Stalker 100 Anthony swift 93

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Steven Soul on Apr 14, 2015 wrote:
Darkmoor gear is the best so far in the entire game. Best resist besides jade gear. Has good damage. Gives shadow pip bonuses. PLUS AWESOME CRITICAL! The wands of Darkmoor are the best also. I would recommend Darkmoor gear to everyone that is max. Steven Soul Stalker 100 Anthony swift 93
Thanks Steven,
That is awesome to hear!
I will farm for Darkmoor boots, I have a darkmoor sword and shield, is this the best Darkmoor wand or is there something else avaliable?

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Prince of Shadows on Apr 14, 2015 wrote:
For most playstyles Mali is the top gear in the game. WW is the best at level. Skip Hades, it's not worth the effort. Farm Graveyard if you want to. You can certainly finish the game with WW and/or crafted gear.
TY Prince,
I will definitely skip farming for Hades Gear and definitely concentrate on Darkmoor or Malli gear knowing that my WW gear is still the second best to finish KS with.
TY for your help

Survivor
Aug 24, 2011
Enlightened One on Apr 15, 2015 wrote:
Thanks Steven,
That is awesome to hear!
I will farm for Darkmoor boots, I have a darkmoor sword and shield, is this the best Darkmoor wand or is there something else avaliable?
There is a wand called, The Staff Of Malistaires frenzy which is the main wand that drops from Mailistaire + it has better stats than sword and shield thingy.