Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Max level PVP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 20, 2010
Hello players of the game Wizard101. As many of you know recently creators of KingsIsle has added the dungeon Darkmoor, new gear, and new spells. With the addition of all of these interesting new items people have had mixed emotions about them. As an ice wizard who does max level PVP I have made my own conclusions about them. Now when I talk about these updates I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone in any fashion. I feel that with everything new about the game PVP is just unfair. Now you may be asking how? Well allow me to explain. First of all let's start with the gear. Alright now the gear is quite interesting. All pieces give different attributes like critical damage etc. Now the new gear should fit with the schools attributes like storm has lots of critical and damage while ice has lots of resist and block. But the problem is it doesn't. Every school has the same amount of block on the wands and the boots. So I guess if all have the same block all schools should have the same everything, but they don't. Storm still has a lot of critical and pierce while ice has the same block as them, but low critical and pierce. You may notice me referring to these two schools a lot but I am just choosing them as examples. Basically what I am trying to say is ice has been given the cold shoulder with the new gear. I mean think about it. Ice is know for its defense but if everyone has the same block and maybe ten resist lower than them what makes them special. The sad truth is nothing. They don't even have a lot of pierce to combat against other schools. Cause storm has roughly 30 piece and ice has around 15 so other schools can beat ice down and they can't stop them. Now you may be thinking ice has a lot of health so that can help in PVP, but in a way they don't. Cause on average they have 6.5k health and balance and life only have 800 less so health won't really help. Now enough about gear let's talk spells. The spells are insane. All do 1k with colossal. And all except death due something special after like balance casts a bubble or ice gets a -75% shield. Now the death one gives health back and some of you may think that is special, but no offense but half the death spells do that so it should cast infection or something like that. Anyway what I am trying to say with this post is with all the new updates max level PVP is just not fair. I mean I see people who walk in with a ring that has 17 balance resist cause they are scared of facing that school. And honestly I am cause gaze of fate is insanely powerful and you have to stack shields to defend yourself against it. What I am saying is I respect that Wizard101 is trying to give us an opportunity to fight with all the new gear and spells, but I feel that they need to be looked at again and some spells need to be modified just to even up the playing field. If you agree please reply. Finally KingsIsle please rethink max level PVP and see if you can change it to make it more fair for other schools.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Charles Thundercoi... on Apr 5, 2015 wrote:
Hello players of the game Wizard101. As many of you know recently creators of KingsIsle has added the dungeon Darkmoor, new gear, and new spells. With the addition of all of these interesting new items people have had mixed emotions about them. As an ice wizard who does max level PVP I have made my own conclusions about them. Now when I talk about these updates I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone in any fashion. I feel that with everything new about the game PVP is just unfair. Now you may be asking how? Well allow me to explain. First of all let's start with the gear. Alright now the gear is quite interesting. All pieces give different attributes like critical damage etc. Now the new gear should fit with the schools attributes like storm has lots of critical and damage while ice has lots of resist and block. But the problem is it doesn't. Every school has the same amount of block on the wands and the boots. So I guess if all have the same block all schools should have the same everything, but they don't. Storm still has a lot of critical and pierce while ice has the same block as them, but low critical and pierce. You may notice me referring to these two schools a lot but I am just choosing them as examples. Basically what I am trying to say is ice has been given the cold shoulder with the new gear. I mean think about it. Ice is know for its defense but if everyone has the same block and maybe ten resist lower than them what makes them special. The sad truth is nothing. They don't even have a lot of pierce to combat against other schools. Cause storm has roughly 30 piece and ice has around 15 so other schools can beat ice down and they can't stop them. Now you may be thinking ice has a lot of health so that can help in PVP, but in a way they don't. Cause on average they have 6.5k health and balance and life only have 800 less so health won't really help. Now enough about gear let's talk spells. The spells are insane. All do 1k with colossal. And all except death due something special after like balance casts a bubble or ice gets a -75% shield. Now the death one gives health back and some of you may think that is special, but no offense but half the death spells do that so it should cast infection or something like that. Anyway what I am trying to say with this post is with all the new updates max level PVP is just not fair. I mean I see people who walk in with a ring that has 17 balance resist cause they are scared of facing that school. And honestly I am cause gaze of fate is insanely powerful and you have to stack shields to defend yourself against it. What I am saying is I respect that Wizard101 is trying to give us an opportunity to fight with all the new gear and spells, but I feel that they need to be looked at again and some spells need to be modified just to even up the playing field. If you agree please reply. Finally KingsIsle please rethink max level PVP and see if you can change it to make it more fair for other schools.
Wow you have said this very well and I totally agree! I have the same conclusion as you on this matter.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
They have 50-60% more health than storm. Seems fair to me.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
Charles Thundercoi... on Apr 5, 2015 wrote:
hi
i agree ice may have more health than storm but storm has more accuracy armor pierce damage and critical i think that ice needs more defence like more block and more resist.
rules

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Apr 6, 2015 wrote:
They have 50-60% more health than storm. Seems fair to me.
Yeah uh . . . They're supposed to have more health than everyone. Because storm has the least health, ice then has so much more health than them but when you look at it from another school's standpoint; you'll get a better view of ice and storm. Try thinking about it as if you're not one of those two schools; which I know is hard but it is possible believe it or not.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Shadow 343 on Apr 8, 2015 wrote:
Yeah uh . . . They're supposed to have more health than everyone. Because storm has the least health, ice then has so much more health than them but when you look at it from another school's standpoint; you'll get a better view of ice and storm. Try thinking about it as if you're not one of those two schools; which I know is hard but it is possible believe it or not.
And storm is supposed to have more offensive capabilities...so whats the issue?

Delver
Jan 18, 2013
Totally agree. Defenses were equal across all schools which means ice didn't get anything special from this gear because defenses were that special thing that ice was supposed to get. Actually there are other schools that should have also received more of a defense boost than storm did but ice was definitely the school that got the shortest straw.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014
Ghost stone on Apr 11, 2015 wrote:
Totally agree. Defenses were equal across all schools which means ice didn't get anything special from this gear because defenses were that special thing that ice was supposed to get. Actually there are other schools that should have also received more of a defense boost than storm did but ice was definitely the school that got the shortest straw.
storm has more resist then ice because ice gear has 45 resist wile storm gear has 34 resist ice has 13 pierce, storm has 28 pierce so when storm pierces ice 28 - 45 is 17 when ice pierces storm 13 - 34 is 21 so storm has more resist then ice.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Ghost stone on Apr 11, 2015 wrote:
Ice does have more defenses: More resist and a bigger health buffer. The only thing it is missing out on comparatively is more block(block is equal across schools) which can be fixed by wand. What I would like to see is ki revisit the dm robes and add block rating to it: between 30-60% per school(storm can get 30 ice can get 60).