Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rarest hat in game?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Sep 01, 2009
For two days, I have been farming Oyotomi the Defiler, trying to get his elegant hat with storm designs. I have received the life hat with life designs twice, other storm gear, myth gear, his very fancy balance robe (four of those), fire gear, other life gear including three Jade Blades, and housing items. And enough ectoplasm to make my own ghost. But no elegant hat. Is this hat the rarest hat in the game? I've tried everything I can think of: killing him quickly, letting the battle last longer, using a storm wizard (thinking "hey, it's a storm hat, this might work"), changing gear, you name it. No elegant hat.

Is this hat the rarest hat in the game? I know other people have gotten it; I have seen it in game. If you have farmed for Oyotomi's hat, how long did it take? Does he even drop it anymore?

Thanks for any advice.

Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Snee432 on Apr 4, 2015 wrote:
For two days, I have been farming Oyotomi the Defiler, trying to get his elegant hat with storm designs. I have received the life hat with life designs twice, other storm gear, myth gear, his very fancy balance robe (four of those), fire gear, other life gear including three Jade Blades, and housing items. And enough ectoplasm to make my own ghost. But no elegant hat. Is this hat the rarest hat in the game? I've tried everything I can think of: killing him quickly, letting the battle last longer, using a storm wizard (thinking "hey, it's a storm hat, this might work"), changing gear, you name it. No elegant hat.

Is this hat the rarest hat in the game? I know other people have gotten it; I have seen it in game. If you have farmed for Oyotomi's hat, how long did it take? Does he even drop it anymore?

Thanks for any advice.
Rarest Hat: Any Darkmoor Tier 1 Hat

Archon
Feb 07, 2011

Thanks for any advice.
your observation about the ectoplasm made me laugh; i've gotten enough mist wood from darkmoor to construct an entire army of golems.

to answer your question, though: no, it's not the rarest. all boss drops are random. but, if you need a farming buddy, i'd be happy to tag along... my exalted wizards have nothing better to do than farm castle dread-more, lol.

-von

Explorer
May 29, 2014

Thanks for any advice.
He does not drop it anymore. Sorry, I tried to get it and after 2 more years of trying my friend told me he doesn't drop it anymore.

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011

Thanks for any advice.
Not even close to rarest it's just really all luck that't all. Just hope RNG is nice to you.

Explorer
Mar 26, 2011
Saffron Life on Apr 4, 2015 wrote:
He does not drop it anymore. Sorry, I tried to get it and after 2 more years of trying my friend told me he doesn't drop it anymore.
No, he still drops it, if you look it up he still drops it. Plus I went to go over and farm and got it.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
I farmed him and got it i farmed and got it from Oyotomi in one day it took like at least 10 battles but it was worth it

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Got it after 4 days. It's purty, too. Thanks for the advice!