Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bug, Comment, Suggestion icon

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
In the Test Realm there is an added icon (below the Friend icon) that allows the player to inform KI of bugs as well as to comment and make suggestions about the gameplay, in particular the features that are being tested. I'd like to suggest a simplified version of this could be implemented in normal gameplay. We have a course of action that needs to be taken in order to report bugs but it can be a long, drawn-out process. A button in normal play that would allow immediate reporting of bugs would simplify the error report process.
I can imagine a feature like this is not already in place because there's a huge potential for abuse but maybe if there was a check-off box/drop-down menu tied to it so that the actual nature of the problem could be narrowed down this could reduce the number of "false alarms".

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
TucsonWizard on Apr 1, 2015 wrote:
In the Test Realm there is an added icon (below the Friend icon) that allows the player to inform KI of bugs as well as to comment and make suggestions about the gameplay, in particular the features that are being tested. I'd like to suggest a simplified version of this could be implemented in normal gameplay. We have a course of action that needs to be taken in order to report bugs but it can be a long, drawn-out process. A button in normal play that would allow immediate reporting of bugs would simplify the error report process.
I can imagine a feature like this is not already in place because there's a huge potential for abuse but maybe if there was a check-off box/drop-down menu tied to it so that the actual nature of the problem could be narrowed down this could reduce the number of "false alarms".
I think you raise a good point about false alarms, and that perhaps is the reason it's not in live realm.

On one side, you could have a kid playing who doesn't realize what they're reporting isn't really a bug. False alarms can still be reported by sending in a ticket to support even without this option. However more false reports could (and probably would) be made with this option making it so easy.

On the other hand, how many people don't ever report bugs because it's just not convenient, or maybe they don't know how? This idea might give KI quicker feedback, and in turn a quicker turn around time to solving problems.

Weighing the pros and cons, it's a real toss up. I do like the idea though. I would be happy if they could find a suitable way to implement it that doesn't become too cumbersome on their customer support staff.