Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A Revamp of the Overall Zafaria Map

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 24, 2009
This was something I noticed today while I was trying to make my way through Zafaria after I've finished the world (needed a trainer). While most world maps are pretty detailed, and you can tell which hub will lead you to which zone--such as Digmoore Station shows that it branches off to Chelsea Court, Kensington, etc. and so on. With Zafaria, this isn't the case, and it's quite confusing!

While the artwork for the overall Zafaria map is brilliant, as all the other artwork is, it isn't very helpful to the player for navigation.

Have any other players run into maps like this, where the map just.. isn't a helpful map?

And game devs--you know what I'm requesting.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Limwenna on Mar 31, 2015 wrote:
This was something I noticed today while I was trying to make my way through Zafaria after I've finished the world (needed a trainer). While most world maps are pretty detailed, and you can tell which hub will lead you to which zone--such as Digmoore Station shows that it branches off to Chelsea Court, Kensington, etc. and so on. With Zafaria, this isn't the case, and it's quite confusing!

While the artwork for the overall Zafaria map is brilliant, as all the other artwork is, it isn't very helpful to the player for navigation.

Have any other players run into maps like this, where the map just.. isn't a helpful map?

And game devs--you know what I'm requesting.
I agree it can be very confusing. Celestia is another prime example and there are other similar situations in most of the other worlds too. I've often thought it would be handy if we could have an override function on the direction-finder that would allow us to just indicate the area we want to go to instead of having to rely on a mission arrow. The "N" key feature is helpful but only if you're in an area adjacent to where you want to go.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
You aren't going to like the Hive.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Dakota Death on Apr 1, 2015 wrote:
You aren't going to like the Hive.
oh, i agree~ i used to always get lost when looking for shadow palace.

-von

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Zafaria desperately needs a teleport from Baobab Crossroads to Drum Jungle, ideally in the back so it could also cover Elephant Graveyard. That's such a long run now, and requires multiple boat rides. It would only be unlocked after you have access to the area of course. I'd put it by Umlilo Sunchaser, unlocked when you get to that part of the story.