Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

improvement n pet training

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 30, 2013
I hate training pets, I really do. It bores my on the pet games I am good at and frustrated with the ones I am not. Because of this, most if not all of my pets are babies or progress slowly be
y feeding gear to. I have to wonder how many other people who play feel like this. One thing I think could be added is experience in battle gained by the pet. Keep it the same gained through the games so it is fair, but that way people have a choice in how they train their pets.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Ambrose Cain on Mar 26, 2015 wrote:
I hate training pets, I really do. It bores my on the pet games I am good at and frustrated with the ones I am not. Because of this, most if not all of my pets are babies or progress slowly be
y feeding gear to. I have to wonder how many other people who play feel like this. One thing I think could be added is experience in battle gained by the pet. Keep it the same gained through the games so it is fair, but that way people have a choice in how they train their pets.
I think a CHANCE for pet XP should be added in a similar manner as the potential XP your pet can gain through feeding it unwanted items. It's rare, it's usually not more than 6 points, but it happens. If potential XP was based on the actual activity of the pet during the battle I think that would be fair. This could include may-cast spells as well as latent abilities such as offensive and defensive boosts and resistances. It seems like it would be the addition of a relatively simple mechanic to the battle reward system, and making it a potential reward as opposed to a given would tend to keep it fair.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Ambrose Cain on Mar 26, 2015 wrote:
Pets shouldn't get experience from battle at all. That's free training at no cost for everyone who's not doing anything but playing the game. Pet training is an extra bonus for EXTRA effort.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
That's a cool thought, getting pet xp from battle. Even if it's just a chance at an xp increase, I think that has potential.

However, I would want to be able to "opt out" of pet xp from battles if I choose, as I have some pets I don't want to level up for various reasons.

Explorer
Feb 23, 2015
Perhaps, pet owners could feed an equipped pet a snack each time they complete an instance as a reward for being there to help. To avoid abusing such a system, a timer could be added that allows players to feed a pet one snack every hour outside the pet pavilion games. An elixir could also be added to the game that clears the timer and keeps it cleared for an hour.

This way, pet owners have the option to grant their pets additional xp outside the pet pavilion without replacing the current system altogether.

The bonus xp gain from this would be small, but it could add up quickly. If you're like me and don't buy mega snacks, a system like this could still grant a pet 8 or more xp an hour. Do this several times a day and you get 40 or more extra xp on a pet per day without having to spend energy. Use an elixir to clear the timer and complete five or six instances within that hour with mega snacks and your pet could get well over a hundred xp for that hour for no energy.

Explorer
Sep 30, 2013
seethe42 on Mar 26, 2015 wrote:
Pets shouldn't get experience from battle at all. That's free training at no cost for everyone who's not doing anything but playing the game. Pet training is an extra bonus for EXTRA effort.
I think another reason I hate training pets is that there are so many of them - which in and of itself isn't a bad thing, I like variety - its just that there are some I want to max out for certain abilities, and you can only work with one pet at a time. I think that even the possibility of experience for pet through battles would help out with training them in addition to feeding them unwanted items, which I do instead of the pet games.When I DO actually do the pet games, I only use my bigger snacks, and sell all the ones under 6.

Delver
Apr 08, 2015
I agreed.

Pet training is a pain when you can't buy, garden, or loot for Mega Snacks.

Even if it's just a chance like Tuscon Wizard says, that would be a very good improvement IMO.

I agreed as well with General American's idea of feeding Pet Snacks after completing instances and rules of avoiding abuse.