Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks quest hard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 19, 2012
I had a top level fire wizard,a 68 storm wizard and 2 hence men top level.I took about 3 hours to complete this dungen.What can we do different it is harder then most other quest?We kept on dieing and fleeing.Why is it so darn hard?

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
zechsy on Mar 12, 2015 wrote:
I had a top level fire wizard,a 68 storm wizard and 2 hence men top level.I took about 3 hours to complete this dungen.What can we do different it is harder then most other quest?We kept on dieing and fleeing.Why is it so darn hard?
If you don't know the cheats, of course it's gonna be hard. The henchmen also aren't helping, because they won't respect the cheats, causing Luska to heal a bit and kill the henchmen, and in the last fight, you're gonna get a lot of Ras, Scarecrows and Rebirths. The dungeon is pretty easy if you research the cheats, puzzles and stop using henchmen.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
lewski on Mar 13, 2015 wrote:
If you don't know the cheats, of course it's gonna be hard. The henchmen also aren't helping, because they won't respect the cheats, causing Luska to heal a bit and kill the henchmen, and in the last fight, you're gonna get a lot of Ras, Scarecrows and Rebirths. The dungeon is pretty easy if you research the cheats, puzzles and stop using henchmen.
Lewski nailed it. If you know and respect the cheats and plan around them this dungeon can be a breeze. Well, maybe not a breeze but it can be done fairly quickly if everyone follows the rules and works together. Minions and henchmen spell doom in this dungeon.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
zechsy on Mar 12, 2015 wrote:
Agreed, it is a challenging dungeon -- the fun for most people was learning how to negotiate the dungeon.

There are a few rules of thumb that work well for most level 60 wizards, and a few special things you need to pay attention to in Water Works, Tower of the Helephant, etc.

They are so challenging because the gear is worth it -- prior to these most recent dungeon additions to the game, the Water Works gear was the baseline by which all other gear was judged. Around level 78 I finally started using something other than my Water Works gear, and that only because I play healer more than any other role when I'm on a team.

As to what can you do differently -- that obviously depends on what you are doing.

So I will join with the one piece of advice already given to you -- in the big dungeons, avoid henchmen like the plague. They do not honor the special rules you need to follow in order to beat the big dungeons, and will make it take longer, and likely as not get you killed. Learn to fight without the henchmen.

As to the rest -- you'll have to share what you are doing if you want advice on what to change. Or link up with people who know the dungeon and listen to their advice. I've been through Water Works over 2,200 times helping my friends get their Water Works gear. I can just about do it in my sleep, and have soloed it many times -- which of course gets even easier once you have access to the level 78+ gear.

Good luck in there -- it is worth your efforts. But you do have to think about what the bosses do, and how to beat them at it. It's called strategy -- and the big dungeons ahead of you will need increasing levels of strategic thinking, so get used to it. Street rules do not apply to the main boss battles in the big dungeons.

Holler if you want advice. Or link up with good folks to run it. It can be fun, after it's done being frustrating.

- Stephen Earthmender
Life Wizard, Pixie Realm