Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Experience to Gold Suggestion

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Max lvl wizards gain a huge amount of experience in new worlds often times maxing out well before our end goal. As such any experience we would have gained is wasted potential if we continue questing when we are max lvl. This can encourage people to hold off on questing and also encourages people who are maxed out to not do side quests. So I have come up with an idea that could motivate people at max lvl to continue questing or to do side quests even at max lvl.

My idea is that when you are max lvl the experience reward gained from doing quests will instead be converted into gold. What do I mean? Well let's say you are lvl 100 and a quest you do would grant you 89000 exp. Instead; now that you are max lvl the quest rewards would change from 89000 exp to 89000 gold. This would be a great way to encourage side quest completion as gold is in high demand in wizard 101 for pet hatching decorating or PvP. It would serve as a nice alternative to half-fang farming and would expose more people to interesting story lines and side quests. If 100% experience to gold translation is too much then it could be adjusted to a lesser translation such as 50% experience is translated to gold.(if you would have gained 100000 exp from a quest you instead gain 50000 gold). Best of all this option wold only be available when you are max lvl so that people who wish to "save" the exp for the next cap can continue to ignore these quests at no consequence.(When the lvl cap rises they would no longer be at max lvl and all un-completed quests would revert to giving exp as a reward)

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
Defender
Dec 20, 2008
We need this is the game RIGHT NOW.
I mean it, if we dont get this, players who are max level will just stop playing until the new world comes out, which means less money for kingsisle which means less players which means less everything. We really could use this in game, although it seems a little over powered in golds sense, it sounds fair enough with how expensive the gear is going to get!

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 1, 2015 wrote:
Max lvl wizards gain a huge amount of experience in new worlds often times maxing out well before our end goal. As such any experience we would have gained is wasted potential if we continue questing when we are max lvl. This can encourage people to hold off on questing and also encourages people who are maxed out to not do side quests. So I have come up with an idea that could motivate people at max lvl to continue questing or to do side quests even at max lvl.

My idea is that when you are max lvl the experience reward gained from doing quests will instead be converted into gold. What do I mean? Well let's say you are lvl 100 and a quest you do would grant you 89000 exp. Instead; now that you are max lvl the quest rewards would change from 89000 exp to 89000 gold. This would be a great way to encourage side quest completion as gold is in high demand in wizard 101 for pet hatching decorating or PvP. It would serve as a nice alternative to half-fang farming and would expose more people to interesting story lines and side quests. If 100% experience to gold translation is too much then it could be adjusted to a lesser translation such as 50% experience is translated to gold.(if you would have gained 100000 exp from a quest you instead gain 50000 gold). Best of all this option wold only be available when you are max lvl so that people who wish to "save" the exp for the next cap can continue to ignore these quests at no consequence.(When the lvl cap rises they would no longer be at max lvl and all un-completed quests would revert to giving exp as a reward)
We'd quickly reach the gold limit and be unable to sell the drops we get, so we'd have to thrash or feed everything to a pet item by item, unless you can Quick Sell at max gold. I think that's a pretty good idea, but a 1:1 XP to gold ratio is pretty high. It'd be better at half or a third of the experience as gold.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Good idea. Questing is more fun than grinding, and there's really no need to save up EXP.

Explorer
Oct 12, 2014
This idea will most likely not be put in the game.

Before you post an idea you should think on how it will balance the game

Reaching the gold cap will be easy
if this idea was in the game
then everybody will never go broke when they are lvl 100

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I already have to regularly throw away gold as it is, no need for this when you reach the exp cap.

Survivor
Sep 16, 2013
If you Get, say 20,000 EXP from a quest, I'd rather convert it to maybe a Tenth or a Twentieth of The XP you get.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
seethe42 on Mar 2, 2015 wrote:
I already have to regularly throw away gold as it is, no need for this when you reach the exp cap.
totally agreed here

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
seethe42 on Mar 2, 2015 wrote:
That's great for you and other's who are at max gold. Personally I and many other exalted wizards who are constantly hatching decorating or PvPing are not at max gold or even close the majority of the time. There are also other alternative ideas that could be traded in for exp such as access to elixirs aesthetic gear etc.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
I can see a 10%-50% translation rate also being reasonable.