Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

warlord v.s. private

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 02, 2012
I think it is REALLY unfair when a warlord and a private is put against each other in rank matches. This usually happens a lot to me and so when I go pvp I can't get higher in ratings and I drop because the warlord has this gear I can't efficiently get and they have like 20 dmg 40 resist and like 20 accuracy. Basically i was wondering if at all that the rank pvp will accustom to private v.s. private instead of warlord v.s. private.

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
hunter firestone on Feb 15, 2015 wrote:
I think it is REALLY unfair when a warlord and a private is put against each other in rank matches. This usually happens a lot to me and so when I go pvp I can't get higher in ratings and I drop because the warlord has this gear I can't efficiently get and they have like 20 dmg 40 resist and like 20 accuracy. Basically i was wondering if at all that the rank pvp will accustom to private v.s. private instead of warlord v.s. private.
I totally agree with you! Now, i am a private, but from what i hear on these message boards, warlords feel the same way as us: That this is so unfair.

I don't know why we get put in these unfair matches, but they happen very, very often. I have never been put against a private or anyone lower than warlord in my entire time playing Wizard101. I am not joking on that fact. In ranked PvP anyway, i have at a house, but that is besides the point.

These match ups are unfair, but unlikely to change.

Oracle

Survivor
Jan 29, 2012
I am a quite high ranked warlord on the leaderboards and you guys are incorrect. Warlord is not a skill level, it is simply a badge or a rank. I have been beaten by lots of privates of higher skill level than me. and I can understand the struggle of warlords having better gear, but they are most likely a way lower level than you. And I am only level 50, I get privates level 90+, I call that unfair. But we all have are opinions.

Wolf iceblade
level 53 ice

See you in the spiral...

Defender
May 02, 2010
bestwizard524 on Feb 21, 2015 wrote:
I am a quite high ranked warlord on the leaderboards and you guys are incorrect. Warlord is not a skill level, it is simply a badge or a rank. I have been beaten by lots of privates of higher skill level than me. and I can understand the struggle of warlords having better gear, but they are most likely a way lower level than you. And I am only level 50, I get privates level 90+, I call that unfair. But we all have are opinions.

Wolf iceblade
level 53 ice

See you in the spiral...
Assuming you're not lying about your high leaderboard rank, you would have full Glendemming gear with very high resist due to your pet. It's not just level here, it's how you play PvP and how skilled you are. Warlords are, assumably, more skilled at PvP than a Private.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2014
I agree with Wolf.
I am also a warlord, and the rank that beats me the most is not warlord it's private. Lower level warlords usually faced mid to high level privates. So if your facing a warlord chances are they are a much lower level than you.
Wolf Silver Level 100 (Warlord)
Wolf Silver Level 100 (Commander)
Wolf Silver Level 100 (Commander)
Wolf Silver Level 30 (Captain)

Explorer
Aug 03, 2012
hunter firestone on Feb 15, 2015 wrote:
i got deafeated by a warlord and i had crappy spells i was a myth wiz level 15

Survivor
Feb 13, 2009
bestwizard524 on Feb 21, 2015 wrote:

Wolf iceblade
level 53 ice

See you in the spiral...
I don't agree with you on that one. "Way lower level" is an exageration, somtimes the matchups doesn't have much of a level gap, i.e. (70-75 or 30-40) and it is still warlord and private. But that is in my experience. And yes, I do agree, both sides of the coin isn't exactly fair.

Defender
Feb 08, 2009
I disagree. Usually when your paired with a warlord they are around 10-20 levels lower than you (Or more). Plus there is still a chance you can beat them. (On my death in 1v1 I barely beat a warlord and it was my first 1v1 match).