Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mount Previewing

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
I want to buy a mount but am not sure which mount I want. My number one reason for not knowing what mount to buy is the fact that I'm not entirely certain how I will look while riding the mount. My solution to this dilemma is the option of mount previewing. This is how it would work:

Once you press the magnifying glass button, a pop-up will appear on your screen which shows you riding the mount. You will also be able to turn the image to see it at all angles. It would be highly preferable if the mount previewing window is quite large and shows the player in their full size.

What do you think? Do you think that mount previewing should be an option?

Explorer
May 17, 2009
I'm not sure what you mean because if you are in the crown shop and you click on a mount it does show a picure of what you would look like riding it.

Explorer
Jun 11, 2009
I meant a larger preview so that it could be seen better.

Explorer
May 17, 2009
Yes I see what you are saying now. Much like how when you preview yourself in clothing it is a larger picture. Yes that would be nice to see your mount a big larger before you purchase it.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2011
Delver
Jun 29, 2011
A test-drive option would be nice too, to see if you like how the mount "handles".

Defender
Aug 04, 2014
I see what you are saying and support it but at the same time KI needs their money so they already have rental mounts of most of the permanent mounts for (wait for it)... CROWNS

Survivor
Dec 27, 2011
Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
I have also thought that it would be a good idea. As for the test drive option it would give you the mount for two minutes, but, you can only test drive a mount once every twelve hours, so you don't spam it

Great idea!

Grace Emeraldshade, Archmade lvl 83 Balance(And Proud!)

Administrator
Hello,

Prospector Zeke has many of the mounts available as 1-Day Rentals available for gold. You can use these as a sort of test-drive for the permanent versions.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/NPC:Prospector_Zeke

community@wizard101.com
Delver
Jun 29, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Feb 9, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

Prospector Zeke has many of the mounts available as 1-Day Rentals available for gold. You can use these as a sort of test-drive for the permanent versions.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/NPC:Prospector_Zeke
I forgot that every mount in the crowns shop could be rented from Zeke. Thank you for the reminder Professor. They're a bit slower than permanent mounts, but still a great way to test-drive them.

Although, it would be nice if the countdown timers for the rental mounts would stop when they aren't equipped. Then players would still get the full value they spent on a rental, even when they only have a short time to play.