Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fix the glitch!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2012
As many pvp'ers have noticed (it's happened to me at least three times and I've seen it happen to others as well) there's recently been some sort of bug that causes people to revive after they've been defeated. Sometimes it will fix itself and after 2 turns if the defeated party hasn't healed, the match will end. However, if the person heals within this timeframe the duel will continue. I'm not sure what happens if the defeated wizard kills the other, it's never progressed that far for me, but I imagine both end up losing or the whoever kills the other. It's almost like a guardian spirit but completely random.

I can provide video proof of this, but I'm sure this will soon get blown up.

Please look into this complete headache.

Defender
Dec 25, 2011
JOPIX227 on Jan 29, 2015 wrote:
As many pvp'ers have noticed (it's happened to me at least three times and I've seen it happen to others as well) there's recently been some sort of bug that causes people to revive after they've been defeated. Sometimes it will fix itself and after 2 turns if the defeated party hasn't healed, the match will end. However, if the person heals within this timeframe the duel will continue. I'm not sure what happens if the defeated wizard kills the other, it's never progressed that far for me, but I imagine both end up losing or the whoever kills the other. It's almost like a guardian spirit but completely random.

I can provide video proof of this, but I'm sure this will soon get blown up.

Please look into this complete headache.
this glitch happens in 1v1 or more in team battles it revives all defeated players by 1,000 hp.

i have seen a video on this too but i can't find video for some reason

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Just want to check something. Are the revivals occurring after Shadow Shrike boosted hits?

Survivor
May 18, 2012
Alexandra PearlBlo... on Jan 30, 2015 wrote:
this glitch happens in 1v1 or more in team battles it revives all defeated players by 1,000 hp.

i have seen a video on this too but i can't find video for some reason
The health you generate is completely random. It's not 1,000.

You revive with the same amount of pips you went out on. So if you heal, the game continues.

Lucas, it's activated by cloaking tower shields, people are already exploiting it. Shrike has nothing to do with it, as far as I know.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
JOPIX227 on Jan 30, 2015 wrote:
The health you generate is completely random. It's not 1,000.

You revive with the same amount of pips you went out on. So if you heal, the game continues.

Lucas, it's activated by cloaking tower shields, people are already exploiting it. Shrike has nothing to do with it, as far as I know.
It may well be activated by cloaking towers, but I think it has other triggers as well. I have experienced the bug against CPU opponents in Darkmoor, who cannot cloak.

Defender
Dec 25, 2011
Lucas Rain on Jan 30, 2015 wrote:
It may well be activated by cloaking towers, but I think it has other triggers as well. I have experienced the bug against CPU opponents in Darkmoor, who cannot cloak.
well so far info on shield glitch might be related when shadow spell is casted so far info on it is when during pvp when defeated they revive with half health.

known info and report of glitch being known by KI member: http://www.duelist101.com/other-articles/help-new-pvp-glitch/

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Running Winterbane Hall I had this issue.
solo lvl 100
fighting Tyrfing and minions
defeated all the minions first, then
Defeated Tyrfing with a Gaze of Fate from shrike
cycle continued
Tyrfing's name badge said "Defeated"
the next round he had 758 health
luckily I had a scorpion and defeated him again.

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
Survivor
Jun 20, 2013
Yeah, it's not just a pvp bug, saw this happen the last run on Malistare in Darkmoor, came back a third time with less than 1000 health after showing up defeated... it's not a Guardian Spirit issue...

Administrator
Delver
Mar 29, 2012
happened to me in the part 2 dungeon of darkmoor. it was the spirit lady we were fighting and it really freaked some of my team members out! haha. we won anyway, but it was quite odd.

Mastermind
Nov 27, 2013
Professor Greyrose --

An announcement of some type from KI regarding this new glitch would be much appreciated, especially by pvp'rs who obsess over every victory and defeat. I've had at least a half dozen matches decided in the past week in a reverse from the real outcome due to this glitch. Perhaps it's true that ultimately the wrong decisions even out over time, but this situation really undermines the sense that the arena is an impartial and fair place where match decisions are just.

Also, if there is any specific information that folks can gather to help the team troubleshooting this issue, please let us know what it is and we will be on the watch for it.

Thanks, I love this game!

Administrator
ChicoValerian on Feb 5, 2015 wrote:
Professor Greyrose --

An announcement of some type from KI regarding this new glitch would be much appreciated, especially by pvp'rs who obsess over every victory and defeat. I've had at least a half dozen matches decided in the past week in a reverse from the real outcome due to this glitch. Perhaps it's true that ultimately the wrong decisions even out over time, but this situation really undermines the sense that the arena is an impartial and fair place where match decisions are just.

Also, if there is any specific information that folks can gather to help the team troubleshooting this issue, please let us know what it is and we will be on the watch for it.

Thanks, I love this game!
Hello,

I posted 3 days ago that we were investigating the issue. This is still the case.

If you experience the bug, you can help by providing details here on the message boards. Also, directly after the bug happens, you can help by emailing your client log file to us at community@wizard101.com. Your client log is a file that is usually found at C:\ProgramData\KingsIsle Entertainment\Wizard101\Bin\WizardClient.log.

If you need additional help finding your client log or any related issue, you may send an email to support@wizard101.com.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Nov 15, 2010
You guys should really fix this bug. I've lost more than 7-8 matches because my opponents come back to life and kill me. I lost the warlord rank i worked really hard for, and right now, i'm at the point where i might just cancel my membership for a while. I leave for airforce basic training in 4 months and i really want to spend my last days before i go playing this game in my free time. Please, fix the bug, and reset ranks back to before this bug was happening. It's the only fair solution to the problem so many hard working PVPers have faced

Survivor
Nov 15, 2010
Also, every time this has happened, i have killed my opponent with shadow shrike. This may be a trigger, but as a storm lvl 100, that spell is crucial to pvp

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
It's been explained:

http://www.duelist101.com/news/issues/pvp-glitch-revealed/

It's a problem when using Shrike. The damage bonus shows but doesn't get processed right.

Administrator
Hello,

A fix was applied to the game this morning to address this issue with health display. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for all of your information which helped us track down the error.

community@wizard101.com