Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How Wizard101 and p101 link to our world!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 06, 2012
First off, I did not know where else to post this, so I posted it here.
Every world and area in both Wizard101 and Pirate101 can link back to times of history, countries, and worlds! I noticed this when I began learning world history about a year ago. I was fascinated that I could connect to different parts of history and learn about the architecture and kind of people that lived there. If there are bullet points directly under a world ( Example: Wizard City ) that means it has the same description. Let's begin.
  • Wizard City: Wizard City is one of those few worlds that cannot relate to a time in history... But it's still fun
    • Wysteria
    • Dragonspyre
  • Krokotopia: We all know Krokotopia dates back to Ancient Egypt, particularly the New Kingdom. I have not totally understood the manders being enslaved, but I am assuming it has to do with the Jews back around 1200 BC. Krokotopian Pharaohs, such as Krokenkhamen, are named after actual pharaos, such as Tutenkhamen.
  • Marleybone ( Wizard101 ): The Wizard101 and Pirate101 versions of Marleybone are actually different in ways. The Wizard101 version is based off of England in the early 20th century. The autombiles were being invented, and you can tell by the styles of clothing.
  • Mooshu ( Both games ): Mooshu is obviously a mix of both ancient China and ancient Japan. The samoorai is what brings Mooshu into it. China is brought into it because of Cao Tzu, named after the famous Daoist teacher, Lao Tsu. Japan and China both had similar customs, particularly that they practice Buddhism, or, as known on there, Moodhism. They worship the Moodha, which is a cow based off of the ancient Indian Buddhist known as Siddhartha Guatama, or, the Buddha.
  • Celestia: The only reason I did not put Celestia with the misfits up near the top was because of the Floating Isles. The Floating Isles can relate to the French Polynesia in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. The Water moles are the inhabitants of it on there, while human tribes ruled the Polynesia up until the 1800s.
  • Zafaria: Based on the tribes of Africa, some of which still exist today. Zamunda was based off of the Zulu tribe of South Africa and Zimbabwe. Stone Town and Waterfront, however, have a different backstory. They were based off of the Indian Mughal Empire, which ruled from the 1500s till the 1800s.
  • Avalon: Of course, based off of Midieval Europe, particularly England.
  • Azteca: Based off of the many Central American tribes. The Aztecs, the Maya, and the Inca, to be specific.
  • Khrysalis: I almost put this in the misfit section, but a little bit of the stuff I could relate to the Middle East, particularly areas such as Saudi Arabia.
  • Skull Island: Almost put this in misfits, but then decided not to because pirates played a big role in history a long time ago.
  • Grizzleheim/Wintertusk: Based off of the Nordic Wanderers, vikings, etc... I really love Wintertusk because of that. It is based off of these countries in ancient/midieval times: Norway, Sweden, Greenland, Iceland, and Denmark.

Survivor
May 06, 2012
Continued from Part 1.

• Aquila ( W101 ): Aquila on Pirate101 and W101 are different. The w101 version is mostly Ancient Greece. They worship the Gods such as Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades. Plus, the architecture and clothing also gives it away. However...
  • Aquila ( P101 ): Aquila on Pirate101 is based off of the Roman Empire. While they still worship the Greek Gods, which brings Greece into it a bit, it is their backstory. It says in Bestia that they were founded by... Hawkulus, I think you call it. Romulus was the one who founded Rome, which later became the Roman Empire. Also, the silk that the rich ones wear around them are called togas. They were a sign of high status in the Roman Empire.
  • Monquista: Obviously based off of Midieval Spain, particularly the reformation. Back then, Spain was ruled by kings and queens who often were overthrown or got in conflict. A lot of rebellions formed because Jews were outlawed, as well as any other form of Christianity except Catholic. ( Back then, Catholic was by far the most popular. )
  • Valencia: This is a mixture. About 20% of it ties back into Midieval Spain, because of the armada. The Spanish had a strong Armada back then, however, it was overthrown by England. ( AKA, Marleybone, spoiler alert.) 80% of it ties into the Italian Renniasance. The artwork, architecture, etc... Contribute to it. A great example is Sivella.
  • Cool Ranch: We all know Cool Ranch is based off of the good ole' USA back in the late 19th century. All the settlers moving out into the prairies and settling. Cowboys, bandits, and of course, not to far from there, Mexico ( Santo Pollo Skyway ). Santo Pollo skyway, however, relates to Mexico in the Mid-19th century. They were ruled by Santa Anna, who taxed them heavily, and caused rebellions.
  • Marleybone ( P101 ) As I said in part 1, Marleybone on P101 and W101 have slight differences. The P101 version was a bit earlier, particularly England in the late 19th Century. Cities were just becoming lit up thanks to Thomas Edison, the American scientist. You can also tell because there are no automobiles.
Thanks for reading! And thank you, Kingsisle, for making this game both fun to play and educational!