Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance bubble destroyer

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
So balance doesn't really have a good bubble seeing as power play is terrible and no one would cast gaze of fate just for the balance bubble. I think balance focuses on weakening other players with super nova manaburn weakness shields to all schools powernova ect,. So since I don't really see balance getting a new bubble any time soon how about a spell that destroys the bubble and deals damage to all players. Most players just cast their own bubble to change the current one. But power play would just benefit the other team and it's 4 pips so it's not even a good bubble changer. How about something like 2 pips destroys current bubble 250 damage to other team. seeing how if a storm would cast dark rain to change the bubble it would benefit in the storm and change the the current one. I get the 250 damage seeing how most attacks dealt deal about 1000 damage, so 25% of that is 250. This is a high level spell that you would get like at 84 or 90 so that a balance couldn't deal like 300 damage to the other team for 2 pips and get them down to half health.
Ryan Dawn exhalted

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
goofygoober128 on Dec 29, 2014 wrote:
So balance doesn't really have a good bubble seeing as power play is terrible and no one would cast gaze of fate just for the balance bubble. I think balance focuses on weakening other players with super nova manaburn weakness shields to all schools powernova ect,. So since I don't really see balance getting a new bubble any time soon how about a spell that destroys the bubble and deals damage to all players. Most players just cast their own bubble to change the current one. But power play would just benefit the other team and it's 4 pips so it's not even a good bubble changer. How about something like 2 pips destroys current bubble 250 damage to other team. seeing how if a storm would cast dark rain to change the bubble it would benefit in the storm and change the the current one. I get the 250 damage seeing how most attacks dealt deal about 1000 damage, so 25% of that is 250. This is a high level spell that you would get like at 84 or 90 so that a balance couldn't deal like 300 damage to the other team for 2 pips and get them down to half health.
Ryan Dawn exhalted
No one casts Gaze of Fate just for the bubble???? Well, count me as the exception. I do it all the time in Darkmoor. Almost every one of those bosses change the global every five rounds to benefit their cheats. I usually use that spell right after they change it and none of those bosses benefit from balance attacks.....but I do!!!

On the occasion that a player does get a shadow pip, the low regular pip cost allows for players to combo these new Shadow enhanced spells with other attack spells, making Gaze of Fate one of the best new spells to combo with....all because of the global it now comes with.

I agree that Power Play is a terrible spell, but you also made no mention of Counterforce, another Balance global spell for four pips that is highly useful and can easily change the global without giving everyone free pips. Sure, Balance still won't win the bubble war with that, but I don't see how giving Balance a method to remove a global (provide defense), do damage, and potentially remove a Tower shield from every opposing enemy, all with two pips, is helping your argument of "fairness." I hope it comes with extremely low accuracy (even that is hardly worth it these days with all the accuracy buffs).

Granted your suggestion fits the "mold" of Balance spells (like Supernova), but Balance wouldn't be winning the Bubble wars after that spell....it would be preventing them from even starting (just like how players don't typically pull out auras against Balance now).