Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

leveling up = stronger wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 04, 2009
I would like to see the leveling up system in wizard101 actually increase the strength of your wizard. For example: every 20 levels your resistance and accuracy would naturally increase by one, every 25 your damage would naturally increase by 1. So far when you level up you only increase in health and the equipment you can use, so your wizard isn't actually any stronger, but its the power of your equipment.
Its really annoying when you get trapped in a random low level monster battle and then you don't get the right cards in hand and die.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I had a suggestion some time back where you could improve your wizard's stats by using your training points. Using your training points on certain spells could earn you different stat bonuses, such as accuracy, resistance, pips, and so on. That way, you could sort of choose how your wizard would be different, rather than having a prescribed path of "evolution" as you level up.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
This kinda already exists with health mana and power pip chances. The reason they dont put this in the game is because lvl one hundreds (me) already have strength and resist gear now seeing as darkmoor gives it.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
shreekker on Dec 24, 2014 wrote:
I would like to see the leveling up system in wizard101 actually increase the strength of your wizard. For example: every 20 levels your resistance and accuracy would naturally increase by one, every 25 your damage would naturally increase by 1. So far when you level up you only increase in health and the equipment you can use, so your wizard isn't actually any stronger, but its the power of your equipment.
Its really annoying when you get trapped in a random low level monster battle and then you don't get the right cards in hand and die.
This isn't necessary at all - and you already pointed it out: this is what we have new gear for at every level increase. Go to the Bazaar and get the appropriate gear, hats, robes, rings, etc., for you level.

If you don't have 'the right cards' then look at your deck set-up as a random mob battle at a low level shouldn't be an issue. This is not a problem with the game, it's a player issue. Sorry.

Explorer
Feb 16, 2011
I would love this. Like you said every 20 or so levels you'd get like 5 universal resist. Maybe even some damage. It's annoying to only have base stats as Health, Mana, and Power Pips.

Defender
May 09, 2010
Interesting idea, but that might be a bit overpowered on various aspects. Adding more stats every 20 levels or so could REALLY turn tables for PVP outcomes, and so fourth.