Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gold keys in exchange for gear.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 11, 2011
So I see there have been suggestions for a currency to purchase gear after having defeated a boss a certain number of times. I also think this is a great idea and propose that we use the gold keys that are already in game. I have so many that I know I will never use since I have had a run of bad luck on drops lately and I think they are of no value when you try to quick sell. Surely it would be reasonable to have a loot vendor that would exchange a piece of gear for 10 keys or whatever KI felt was a good price. Could be a vendor that appears after Malistaire is defeated or at the least a gold treasure box that would let you spend keys for a shot at a random piece. Anybody else think this would make your repeated runs more worthwhile?

Aedan 100
Belgrim 100
Brahm 100
Morgrim 100
Valdus 100
Chase 82

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
Aedan Nightstalker on Dec 21, 2014 wrote:
So I see there have been suggestions for a currency to purchase gear after having defeated a boss a certain number of times. I also think this is a great idea and propose that we use the gold keys that are already in game. I have so many that I know I will never use since I have had a run of bad luck on drops lately and I think they are of no value when you try to quick sell. Surely it would be reasonable to have a loot vendor that would exchange a piece of gear for 10 keys or whatever KI felt was a good price. Could be a vendor that appears after Malistaire is defeated or at the least a gold treasure box that would let you spend keys for a shot at a random piece. Anybody else think this would make your repeated runs more worthwhile?

Aedan 100
Belgrim 100
Brahm 100
Morgrim 100
Valdus 100
Chase 82
I like this idea. It could be like second chance chests that would require those keys. It would be something more useful to use than just doors.

Survivor
Nov 23, 2008
i agree with the chest at the end of malistare.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
Survivor
Jul 03, 2010
Explorer
Nov 17, 2013
Yeah.. this is good.
I'd like to see this happening because I have horrible luck.
I have done Darkmoor at least 20 times, and still no luck earning the gear I want.

Malistaire should not drop the gear that Shane Von Shane drops. If we wanted a downgrade, we would farm him. It's unreasonable to spend 4 hours, and get junk.