Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sidhe Needs an Upgrade

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Cross posted from another fan site:

Sidhe Staff needs an upgrade. Maybe a level 100 version with 25% pips and 20% acc, 4 Tall Tale myth hits, and about 150 divided up somehow between crit and block (e.g. 50 crit and 100 block, or 70 crit and 80 block). Stick it in the crowns shop or have it drop in various places in Darkmoor, e.g. fishing chests, first Shane, Lon Chaney, etc.

Just too handy a combo of abilities not to get a much-needed update.

Geographer
Oct 09, 2011
The accuracy and power pip chance aren't that necessary, most people have high power pip chance already and the new Darkmoor gear gives lots of accuracy and power pip chance. I don't see why this is needed.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
True, the Sidhe Staff doesn't see much use among players at the current level cap. I think this is an interesting suggestion and should be looked into.

The added accuracy in the upgrade you have presented is very helpful, although I'm not sure about the pip boost since high level gear gets most players reasonably close to 100% anyway, but maybe it could help some players. How come you suggest myth school wand hits for this? I might suggest a mixture of wand hits, like on the Lunar Staff of Anubis.

One concern: would this wand over-benefit Storm in PvP? They can have extremely high critical rating even without a wand boost, and this particular wand would erase some of the weaknesses of the critical Storm hammer build (e.g., low block, low accuracy, low pips).

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Nice idea. I've wished for something like that too, though the Mali gear has good accuracy, so i suggest level 85 or 90.

95 block, +20% PP, +15% Acc
3 hits (mix)

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
Prince of Shadows on Dec 11, 2014 wrote:
Nice idea. I've wished for something like that too, though the Mali gear has good accuracy, so i suggest level 85 or 90.

95 block, +20% PP, +15% Acc
3 hits (mix)
How about this for level 95.
As one said above distributed on 150 total.
It should be School only wand.
- 100 critical, 50 block, 3% pierce, 5% Acc.
- 50 critical, 100 block, 1%Resist, 5% PP.
- 75 critical, 75 block, 2% pierce, 5% Acc.
- 70 critical, 80 block, 2% pierce, 5% PP
- 75 critical, 75 block, 5%PP, 5% Acc.
- 60 critical, 90 block, 10% Incoming , 15% Outgoing.
- 65 critical, 85 block, 1% pierce, 1 Sharpen Blade/1 Potent Trap.
The wand spells would be:
- Frost Dragon Flames.
- Flaming Giant Strike.
- Mythology of Emotion
- Bones of Forest Lord
- Charged Medusa
- Living Dragon
- Astral Blast.
Ok Those are the names of the spells that each wand will give.
Here what they will do and their effect.
All the spells will take 6 pips.
The spells will take pips as your own school. (For example Frost Dragon Flames spell used by Fire Wizard can take 3 Power pips with out Mastery.)
All the spells are not Single Target Spells.
They are hit all spells.
- Basically an Ice Dragon. 530+700 Over Time.
- It's a Flaming Giant that will hit for 300 Damage, Remove 1 pip, and steal 1 Random Shield.
- Myth Emotion Waves that will hit it's opponents for 900 Damage and give your self a Storm Blade +15%.
- Forest Lord Made of Bones alone that will hit for 450Damage and steals 60% of Health to your self.
- Storm Charged Medusa that will hit 600 Damage, Stun 1st person, Gives your self 1 Stun Shield.
- Living Dragon is the Now known Skeletal Dragon that will hit for 400 Damage and Applies Over Time tick to all of your friends That will heal you based off following formula. Total damage/The number of people getting hit. *example below*
- Astral Blast works the same way Spectral Blast and Spirit Blast works. However this one is Astral Schools. This will do: 600 Damage, or 550 Damage, or 475 Damage. And Place 10% Hex on Enemy.
------------
School example: So lets say this is 4v4. Life wizard uses Living Dragon Spell from his/her wand and That will work like this: Hits for 400*4 and then divides by 4. Equals 400.
Can also work like this: Damage to following people: 1st-356, 2nd-654, 3rd-231, 4th-132.
356+654+231+132=1373. 1373/4 = 343.25 Rounding that up comes to 343.

So tell me what you guys think about it?
Nicholas Star

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
mykola230 on Dec 11, 2014 wrote:
How about this for level 95.
As one said above distributed on 150 total.
It should be School only wand.
- 100 critical, 50 block, 3% pierce, 5% Acc.
- 50 critical, 100 block, 1%Resist, 5% PP.
- 75 critical, 75 block, 2% pierce, 5% Acc.
- 70 critical, 80 block, 2% pierce, 5% PP
- 75 critical, 75 block, 5%PP, 5% Acc.
- 60 critical, 90 block, 10% Incoming , 15% Outgoing.
- 65 critical, 85 block, 1% pierce, 1 Sharpen Blade/1 Potent Trap.
The wand spells would be:
- Frost Dragon Flames.
- Flaming Giant Strike.
- Mythology of Emotion
- Bones of Forest Lord
- Charged Medusa
- Living Dragon
- Astral Blast.
Ok Those are the names of the spells that each wand will give.
Here what they will do and their effect.
All the spells will take 6 pips.
The spells will take pips as your own school. (For example Frost Dragon Flames spell used by Fire Wizard can take 3 Power pips with out Mastery.)
All the spells are not Single Target Spells.
They are hit all spells.
- Basically an Ice Dragon. 530+700 Over Time.
- It's a Flaming Giant that will hit for 300 Damage, Remove 1 pip, and steal 1 Random Shield.
- Myth Emotion Waves that will hit it's opponents for 900 Damage and give your self a Storm Blade +15%.
- Forest Lord Made of Bones alone that will hit for 450Damage and steals 60% of Health to your self.
- Storm Charged Medusa that will hit 600 Damage, Stun 1st person, Gives your self 1 Stun Shield.
- Living Dragon is the Now known Skeletal Dragon that will hit for 400 Damage and Applies Over Time tick to all of your friends That will heal you based off following formula. Total damage/The number of people getting hit. *example below*
- Astral Blast works the same way Spectral Blast and Spirit Blast works. However this one is Astral Schools. This will do: 600 Damage, or 550 Damage, or 475 Damage. And Place 10% Hex on Enemy.
------------
School example: So lets say this is 4v4. Life wizard uses Living Dragon Spell from his/her wand and That will work like this: Hits for 400*4 and then divides by 4. Equals 400.
Can also work like this: Damage to following people: 1st-356, 2nd-654, 3rd-231, 4th-132.
356+654+231+132=1373. 1373/4 = 343.25 Rounding that up comes to 343.

So tell me what you guys think about it?
Nicholas Star
Those are very creative! Looks like you put a lot of thought into it.

Personally I don't care about pierce, don't want more than 3 wand cards total, don't want extra damage spells, and usually don't want to split crit/block or heath in/out, so they don't appeal to me, but I'm sure someone would appreciate them. I like the balance idea very much -- item potent and sharp -- but would want it with max block, not pierce or crit, and no extra damage spells.

I'd be very happy with a simple 3 or 4 card Sidhe upgrade with added block for all-around, or accuracy, pips, and crit for farming, with 0-3 cards.

I'd also like a basic high level healer's wand -- high block and outgoing, with a couple item Guiding Light, but that's a separate topic. My dream there would be the block and crit of the life Malistaire wand with about 20% outgoing, 2 or 3 of the 40% GL and no other cards.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I was thinking of level 90-99 actually, because this is where the crafted KR gear and Hades gear force some difficult decisions with regard to pips vs. accuracy.

Mixing and matching pieces of Hades and pieces of KR crafted gear is often a compromise, usually leaning towards pips. Accuracy remains a problem. Alternatively you could go with the high accuracy KR robe, leaving your pips in the low 70's. Pet pip-o-plenty caps at about 6% which is barely enough to put you at 80%.

Meanwhile, you absolutely need some block, so any wand choices available to you will trade off pips against block. The exception - Winter Palace Spikeleaf Sword - has a very modest pip chance, at best. Block-ish wands with any extra pip chance at all are quite rare.

The upgraded Sidhe could even forgo some accuracy and some pips compared to the existing one, if it also picked up some block - a reasonable but not first-rate amount.

At the end of the day, this window of levels is difficult for the elemental schools, and especially for Ice; and Balance as well. Once you get to 100, you could still use some extra oomph in these areas until you finally get all the pieces of Mally gear, which do in fact go a long way to fixing some longstanding handicaps for elemental schools.

Explorer
Dec 22, 2008