Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fish only visible while Fishing

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Hello wizards and gobblers alike!

So with Fishing added, you can see those black outlines of fish in almost every pool of water in the Spiral. And so I was thinking how all the worlds would look like if their water had those black outlines of fish swimming around in them, and I decided I wouldn't like that look.

So here's my suggestion. While you are questing or just running around, you can't see fish in the ponds. However, if you go up to a pond and open the Fishing Menu, the fish will appear.

Of course, this would not be in effect while in areas that are only for fishing (Ex. Private Fishing Retreat).

So let me know what you think in the comments!

-Nick level 100

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I prefer it the way it is. I like knowing the area has fishing if I choose to do it. If not, just keep moving. The fish don't affect your game at all if you aren't doing fishing anyways. There's no need to make it harder for people who are interested.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Nicholas Hawkspear on Nov 17, 2014 wrote:
Hello wizards and gobblers alike!

So with Fishing added, you can see those black outlines of fish in almost every pool of water in the Spiral. And so I was thinking how all the worlds would look like if their water had those black outlines of fish swimming around in them, and I decided I wouldn't like that look.

So here's my suggestion. While you are questing or just running around, you can't see fish in the ponds. However, if you go up to a pond and open the Fishing Menu, the fish will appear.

Of course, this would not be in effect while in areas that are only for fishing (Ex. Private Fishing Retreat).

So let me know what you think in the comments!

-Nick level 100
I don't see a thing wrong with how it is set up now; this way you can see the area is open for fishing without going through unnecessary steps.

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
Personally I agree with the wizard who posted this. I'd rather not see the fish unless I'm fishing. The fishing icon just popping up would be AWESOME. Kinda like the garden icon at your house.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Thanks for the feedback, guys!

I understand it would be hard to see which areas have fish in them, but with the recent update there is an icon on the map that says if an area has fish or not.

Also, this idea could be made so it's an option in your spell book that you can turn on and off.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
mittensk on Nov 24, 2014 wrote:
Personally I agree with the wizard who posted this. I'd rather not see the fish unless I'm fishing. The fishing icon just popping up would be AWESOME. Kinda like the garden icon at your house.
The only problem with that is that you have to be close enough to fish before it would pop up. There's really no reason to change it. Fish swimming in a stream don't affect your gameplay at all, but they do affect the gameplay of players who want to fish.