Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Training Potion

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 06, 2013
Some wizards aren't able to gain all of those special mega snacks, or farm, or run through dungeons. So my idea is, why not have a potion in the crown shop that easily levels up your pets from a baby to mega. The potion could cost 5,000 crowns.. doesn't really matter about the cost, just having such a thing in the game could all help us make the perfect pet. Saves the time, Saves the trouble, But spends the money :D I suppose such things would be worth it though

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Not a good idea. Also it way too cheap compared to the actual time, energy and snacks needed. Even if the cost was 5 times that it's still a bad idea to allow people to buy instantly fully trained pets. You can garden for snacks, I get literally several hundred megasnacks per week with a cost of just a few minutes a day, so that's not an issue. You just want to skip all effort.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
If I may,

If you buy Mega Snack Pack at 2,500 Crowns per (unless a sale is on). I realize many players take the time to garden or farm certain mobs in zones where snack drops are more common.

You use Crowns to instantly replenish your Energy at a cost of 250 Crowns per Elixir. The total cost will vary depending on how much Energy you have.

When you say "Doesn't really matter about the cost", think about how much a Pet Training Potion of that caliber would actually cost. 5,000 Crowns? I Think you would need to add a zero to have a more accurate cost of what an Elixir of that power would cost.

Not to mention the fact that ALL the Talents of a Pet are pre-determined at hatching, so are you willing to spend X amount of Crowns on a gamble that you're gonna get EVERY Talent you were hoping for?

There are just too many variables, in my opinion in order for this to ever happen. I for one have never gotten a Pet to give me ALL the Talents I wanted on the first hatch. Not to say that it can't happen, just hasn't to me (yet).

Survivor
Mar 06, 2013
Well if the problem is the price, change. It to 15,000 or 20,000. Is that better?

Survivor
Mar 06, 2013
seethe42 on Nov 14, 2014 wrote:
Not a good idea. Also it way too cheap compared to the actual time, energy and snacks needed. Even if the cost was 5 times that it's still a bad idea to allow people to buy instantly fully trained pets. You can garden for snacks, I get literally several hundred megasnacks per week with a cost of just a few minutes a day, so that's not an issue. You just want to skip all effort.
Btw, like i said, some of us dont have the time.

Survivor
Mar 06, 2013
mmoluvr on Nov 14, 2014 wrote:
If I may,

If you buy Mega Snack Pack at 2,500 Crowns per (unless a sale is on). I realize many players take the time to garden or farm certain mobs in zones where snack drops are more common.

You use Crowns to instantly replenish your Energy at a cost of 250 Crowns per Elixir. The total cost will vary depending on how much Energy you have.

When you say "Doesn't really matter about the cost", think about how much a Pet Training Potion of that caliber would actually cost. 5,000 Crowns? I Think you would need to add a zero to have a more accurate cost of what an Elixir of that power would cost.

Not to mention the fact that ALL the Talents of a Pet are pre-determined at hatching, so are you willing to spend X amount of Crowns on a gamble that you're gonna get EVERY Talent you were hoping for?

There are just too many variables, in my opinion in order for this to ever happen. I for one have never gotten a Pet to give me ALL the Talents I wanted on the first hatch. Not to say that it can't happen, just hasn't to me (yet).
Not every talent, just the ones i would get when trained to mega. No item should be 50k. 15-20k is more than enough.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2011
I agree with mighty minotaur above. to many variables. And 20,000 and 15,000 is too little. I think the idea is okay but cant really go anywhere as it is and probably wont. The price for something like that I would see going into the range of 50,000 to 70,000 if not more. It would just be cheaper to by snacks and train them. You don't have to train them constantly but if they were to make an elixir like this not only would it be expensive but it would just upset many players. Many players spend a lot of time working to level pets up and if a potion like this were to arrive there efforts would go to waste, not to mention it ruins the point of having pets and begin able to interact with them. Not to mention you wouldn't be able to breed them if they were evolved as far as mega. This potion as a design just wont work.
And if your problem is you don't have time to train your pets then what are you doing on wizard101? If you don't have even enough time to train pets then you don't have a lot of time doing anything else, I just think you don't make it your priority. If you want to level your pets up train them. When you get on instead of gardening or questing train your pets. Easy solution, you are just trying to avoid it.

Delver
Jun 27, 2013
AndrewRavenshade00... on Nov 16, 2014 wrote:
Btw, like i said, some of us dont have the time.
Don't have time to spend literally 180 seconds in your garden each day, or every other??
I have 6 gardens, on 6 wizards and garden each morning while my daughter brushes her teeth...
This sounds more like an excuse to be able to have a fully grown pet without having to put in the effort.
Its not the gardening you don't have time for, it's the training...
Some of us have spent thousands of hours training our pets...

Some of us are single parents who work 2 jobs, and find the time for a game we like...
Just saying