Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragons Hoard pack??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
I was reading on wiki for some really cool pets... but it seems you can only get them in the dragons hoard pack.

When will this be coming back? Or for a period of time return it to the crownshop

Thnx

Defender
Dec 25, 2011
Yeah i miss it,it would give viking like armor, awesome pets, an amazing wand (which was a sword), and a slight chance of dropping the bone dragon mount

Survivor
Oct 10, 2010
Delver
Jun 02, 2010
Yes I would love for them to release that pack again. I wanted the Bone Dragon mount very badly too.

Defender
Sep 05, 2010
I think they put the bone dragon mount up for sale in the crown shop sometimes, because I see a lot of people with it. I have one, but I never use it because it's too big...

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
There was some really good Magus/Master level questing gear in that pack. I miss it too and wish it would return.

But, just in case KI doesn't decide to re-release the Dragon's Hoard, here's a tip: you can still win Dragon's Hoard packs by playing Grub Guardian. You'll have to play higher difficulty levels, and usually it's only dropped in crowns-bought maps, but I've collected quite a few this way.

Defender
Sep 17, 2011
Lucas Rain on Dec 1, 2014 wrote:
There was some really good Magus/Master level questing gear in that pack. I miss it too and wish it would return.

But, just in case KI doesn't decide to re-release the Dragon's Hoard, here's a tip: you can still win Dragon's Hoard packs by playing Grub Guardian. You'll have to play higher difficulty levels, and usually it's only dropped in crowns-bought maps, but I've collected quite a few this way.
Where can I find it.
And what is this game?

Nicholas Star

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
mykola230 on Dec 1, 2014 wrote:
Where can I find it.
And what is this game?

Nicholas Star
Grub Guardian is a "tower defense" style game you can play on KIfreegames.
  1. Log in with your user credentials,
  2. Select a pet from your wizard's backpack (I recommend an Epic or Mega Life school pet since they make all your guardians more effective),
  3. Make sure to select "Play for Prizes" on the map select screen
  4. Complete the maps without letting the enemies take your "grub" for best results.
I recommend buying the following things from the Grub Guardian crowns store: Wysteria maps, Azteca maps, Star Guardian, Sun Guardian, and Avalon Guardian. Unless you have crowns to spare or just really love the game, I wouldn't buy anything else.

I have won the following packs as drops at one time or another:
  • Dragon's Hoard
  • Raven's Hoard
  • Nightmare
  • Moolinda Wu's Green Thumb
  • Marvellous Minions
You can also win gold and crowns elixirs this way, which is helpful.

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
  2. Select a pet from your wizard's backpack (I recommend an Epic or Mega Life school pet since they make all your guardians more effective),
  4. Complete the maps without letting the enemies take your "grub" for best results.
I recommend buying the following things from the Grub Guardian crowns store: Wysteria maps, Azteca maps, Star Guardian, Sun Guardian, and Avalon Guardian. Unless you have crowns to spare or just really love the game, I wouldn't buy anything else.

• Dragon's Hoard
  • Raven's Hoard
  • Nightmare
  • Marvellous Minions
And whatever you win is put into your backpack or onscreen gift icon?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Michael Nightgem on Dec 1, 2014 wrote:
And whatever you win is put into your backpack or onscreen gift icon?
Yes, but currently you can only keep like 5 pages of rewards in that gift box menu in Wiz101. If you go over the limit, whatever you won is gone.

Defender
Sep 17, 2011

• Dragon's Hoard
  • Raven's Hoard
  • Nightmare
  • Marvellous Minions
Thanks so much. I see what you talking about now.
My brother plays those allot.
Nicholas Star

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
Lucas Rain on Dec 2, 2014 wrote:
Yes, but currently you can only keep like 5 pages of rewards in that gift box menu in Wiz101. If you go over the limit, whatever you won is gone.
Thanks for the info on grub guardian. I didn't know about the pack drops. Always good to learn something new

Defender
Dec 25, 2011
KI Game site: https://freekigames.com

they also have a trivia where you get 10 free crowns for answering the trivia 85 percent or higher

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I love playing the grub guardian game! I happen to like using epic or mega fire or balance pets. I use the Lake Nimue map. There are some really nice guides on Youtube about that one.

I found you can only run it for prizes 25 times a day.. Ya can get some nifty items in game and for the grub guardian game too. Hope this helps!

Explorer
Jan 23, 2014
Steven Windblood on Nov 11, 2014 wrote:
I was reading on wiki for some really cool pets... but it seems you can only get them in the dragons hoard pack.

When will this be coming back? Or for a period of time return it to the crownshop

Thnx
Hi Steven,
I've had grub guardian drop Dragon Hoard packs several times in the past, as well as a handful of other helpful items. You can access them through...

https://www.freekigames.com/trivia

Here's a guide that should help you understand the game.

http://www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/grub-guardian-gold/

Defender
May 17, 2014
I had the bone dragon mount on my previous account But yes, I would spend tons of crowns on it.