Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is Tartarus?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 24, 2011
All over the wizard city forums i have been seeing people talking about something called Tartarus. Can someone explain to me what that is?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Chris Dragonrider5... on Nov 6, 2014 wrote:
All over the wizard city forums i have been seeing people talking about something called Tartarus. Can someone explain to me what that is?
It's an optional (set of) quests:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Tartarus

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
A level 90 dungeon in Aquila, a side area off Wizard City. You will be summoned there at level 30 (Olympus), 70 (Atlantea) and 90 (Tartarus) for optional dungeon challenges.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
Congratulations on discovering Tartarus!

But exactly what is this high level dungeon designed for players level 90 and above anyway!?!

Its a place where you can fight Hades, Cronus, and other mythical beings for great xp, amazing drops and more!

Is it hard?

This is all perspective. Its not uncommon for a full team of unprepared players to invest 4 or more hours in this dungeon. But well prepared wizards, can solo or go on a team of two, and complete this dungeon in 30 minutes with the right gear, pet and deck set ups.

Here's some links that provide expanded information on Tartarus:

Wizard101 Tartarus, Aquila Level 90 Dungeon - Duelist101

I'm too lazy to click on the above links, just tell me where the Tartarus Dungeon is:
The Tartarus Dungeon is located in the Garden of Hesperides in Aquila

Read more about the Garden of Hesperides:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Location:Garden_of_Hesperides

I'm still too lazy to click on the above links. Just tell me how can I get to the Garden of Hesperides now:

Click on the Golden Chariot found in Festival Park in Cyclops Lane

Have fun adventuring in Tartarus! It will prepare you for all the greater challenges you'll face in the game; as they become available to you.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Tartarus is the pit from the surface that leads to the underworld, where Hades dwells. I'm just saying this because everyone else has already answered your questions. In The Underworld, according to Greek myths you'll come across Cerberus guarding Hades. You must cross the river Styx. You'll also find Kronos in the Wizard101 dungeon, but I'm honestly not sure if that's part of the actual Mythogy. Don't assume the mythology is true because of the game, because I can tell you plenty more that's different from the Greek stuff. However, the game is funner because it doesn't feel like a history lesson by changing these facts around to make the dungeons look cool.

Survivor
Dec 07, 2013
Tatarus... Is the place where chaos is born, where Gaea, Mother Earth, is waking, where Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase will survive and meet a titan named Bob... The darkest pit, where any mortal and demigod and even god will die. Not even Hades, its partial owner, can survive... Watch out, dracnea behind you...
I am a fan girl for Percy Jackson.
Read the books they are epic!

TeamLeo739
PS you will realize why my name is TeamLeo!

Survivor
Feb 14, 2014
Teamleo739

I'm a Percy Jackson fan too! I got so happy when you said that cuz I haven't read that book in FOREVER!

Haley Winterstaff, Level 27

Explorer
Jan 05, 2013
What is Tartarus? Delicious on a fish sandwich!

...oh wait that's tartar sauce.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2009
Tartarus is the place where evil and suffering meet to enjoy a cup of tea. From poison gas as common as our air to rivers of toxic liquids, it's a place that makes the Underworld itself look like a tropical resort. Hades is not actually in charge of Tartarus. It's the place where Cronus's remains are located after he was cut up by his son, Zeus, who cut him with his own scythe.

Btw Percy Jackson for the win! If it wasn't for Percy Jackson, I'd know nothing about Greek mythology. Honestly, as a guy, I like Piper.

Richard BattleStone lvl 98

Explorer
Dec 24, 2009
I'd like to amend what I said, Zeus killed Cronus with a Sickle not a Scythe.

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
Tartarus is part of a series of optional dungeons. It is the final dungeon of the 3, and you get summoned to it at level 90. The series starts in Cyclops Lane, or the school, at level 30.

Scarlet Rose level 65