Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet casting blades

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
May 31, 2009
I have been farming an opponent for several days. My pet gives a blade, I have noticed the last 10 times the pet gave the blade it was after the opponent was killed. There is no use in having the "May cast a blade spell" if the cast is after the opponent is dead. This is not just on this pet but i notice it a lot on all my other pets as well.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I have noticed that may cast dragon blade triggers with an attack. To me this is pointless because most of the time the enemy is killed. I assume this happens for the may cast school blades. That is why i consider most of them an unwanted trait on my pets.

Recently I learned that may cast balance blade is triggered by many different things. I have had it triggered when casting a trap, shield, or another attack. I learned this by giving a unwanted pet to my lower level wizard. I now don't consider the may cast balance blade worthless talent.

Defender
Jun 16, 2011
It is probably just bad luck KI makes the pets randomly at any time do a May Cast Spell. Use different pets for now and come back to them later, maybe they will change? I is probably just a coincidence!

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
This issue has been reported to KI several times over the years, but sadly they have never addressed it that I am aware of.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Aura talents are more use than blades for that reason.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
May Cast blades only trigger on attacks and casting blades. If you kill them in one hit, it won't really help you very often. May Cast traps work the same way. There's nothing wrong with the way it works.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
The trigger for may cast blades does appear to be a successful attack on an enemy. That is the only time I have ever had a blade casted on me from a pet.

Survivor
May 29, 2009
2x4 two step on Oct 29, 2014 wrote:
I have been farming an opponent for several days. My pet gives a blade, I have noticed the last 10 times the pet gave the blade it was after the opponent was killed. There is no use in having the "May cast a blade spell" if the cast is after the opponent is dead. This is not just on this pet but i notice it a lot on all my other pets as well.
the differentthe " may cast " abilities for pets often have triggers

I could be wrong but I think the trigger for blading is making a hit and it doesn't do it all the time

this makes the ability better for spamming hits as opposed to going for the one shot kill

You can look up the triggers for most may cast abilities on the wizard101 wiki.

www.wizard101central.com

hope this was helpful

I feel like this line was needed because I though the response needed more faces ...