Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Include gear in match ups.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
While experimenting with PvP on a new character, there is only one issue I seem to be running into. If I get matched up with someone wearing regular gear, the match seems pretty fair and even (albeit a race of who can get their pips and best treasure card first). But whenever I run into opponents with PvP gear or even Crown Shop gear, it tends to be a slaughter on my end. Being my first PvP character, I'm sure I am missing a ton of strategy, but the gear seems to sway the battles a bit unevenly in my opinion. Now, I fully agree that people who have their PvP gear have earned it and deserve to use it. Crowns Shop gear, however, is a luxury that some either can't afford or just don't see the need for it at lower levels. So maybe a new level of opponent match ups can be added to include gear between opponents? I feel that it would create a more even match system overall.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I think this is worth discussing. I have been on and on about the matching algorithm. In my view, the PvP matching algorithm needs to record information such as gear stats (e.g., whether you have critical or critical block) and learn from players you're losing to so it can give you better matches. That way, you get paired up with people who are matches rather than mismatches, and it's a level playing field.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
Glad someone else agrees. A few people I discussed this with are actually very successful in PvP at multiple levels and still see that this would be a step in the right direction. Gear is a huge factor in how strong your character is. You can't expect people to want to PvP if they get crushed their first few matches by an opponent with full PvP or Crown Shop gear. The odds are just stacked at that point.