Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What Happened to Mordecai?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Sep 29, 2010
I remember a few years ago when I started playing, when Hallowe'enfest came and so did all the Halloween themed items and bosses. I remember Baron Mordecai, he was big and intimidating, especially for a low-level wizard like myself. But I've noticed something recently. Baron doesn't seem hard as he used to be. I remember he always had 3 minions that would always use weakness spells and I think even Black Mantle, and Mordecai had spells like doom and gloom, wraith, vampire, meteor strike and tons of other high level attacks. Now his highest attack is vampire, and he only has one minion. Did Mordecai get nerfed at some point? I did leave the game for a short while to play Pirate101, so is it possible they made him easier during that time? Just curious is all.

~Wolf NightBreeze~

Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Same, I remembered when I teamed up with my friends and fought him. But now he seems weaker. I think KI lowerd his strength so lower level wizards can fight him.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
I think I remember complaints about him being too strong a while back, so they nerfed him.
It's a shame too, it was fun and challenging as a lower level...