Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is Grizzleheim worth it?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 08, 2011
I'm a level 62 wizard, and I've barely started this world. I'm in Mirkholm Keep right now, and although it's incredibly easy, I barely get anything from it. Is there any point to me doing Grizzleheim? Do I get any good gear, spells, or just anything in general? I don't want to waste my time. Thanks!

Melissa Daydreamer

Survivor
Nov 14, 2009
Yes, VERY. It's how you get new spells. You see, at lvl 35, you have a Grizzleheim task. Along, with lvl 55. The lvl 55 one you have to be in Surdiland or however it is spelled. So, if your not, you cant get that spell. .=. I'm lvl 56, I'm working on getting there. You really need to do it.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Melissa Daydreamer on Oct 5, 2014 wrote:
I'm a level 62 wizard, and I've barely started this world. I'm in Mirkholm Keep right now, and although it's incredibly easy, I barely get anything from it. Is there any point to me doing Grizzleheim? Do I get any good gear, spells, or just anything in general? I don't want to waste my time. Thanks!

Melissa Daydreamer
You have missed your level 35 spell as well as level 55 and your pet.
Continue Grizzleheim and move on to Wintertusk.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Life_School_Spells

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Yes, do it. You get spells, and it gets you to Wintertusk, which is great.

Hero
Feb 26, 2012
Grizzleheim itself is easy, but it is required to get access to Wintertusk.

Wintertusk gives great experience, is required for your level spell quests, is the best place to farm bosses for items to sell for gold, and has the best crafting recipes in the game for many levels to come (up until Avalon, in my opinion).

So Yes, GH is worth it. If you find it easy, then zoom through it to get to WT.

Also, as side notes, GH has good fishing, and the splithoof barbarians in GH are the best place to farm for Couch Potatoes (which are a great source of mega snacks).

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You'll miss out on getting Triage, Guiding Light, Mass Triage, and Guardian Spirit spells if you skip it. If you craft, the level 56 gear from Wintertusk is the next best thing to Waterworks gear until you reach Avalon and Azteca.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013

Melissa Daydreamer
Of course! That's where you get new spells, school pets, and craftable gear(it's really awesome). It is worth it.

Delver
Dec 30, 2012
As others have said...
Grizzleheim is almost a necessity for continuing later on.
If you do not collect the spell given as a quest there, you will not get any other school specific spells in worlds such as Avalon.
Big problem when I tried to get Healing Current. Had to solo Grizzle and Wintertusk, but I was a high level so it was easy, just tedious.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
Because you JUST started that area at a level 62 if you started at level 20, you would get good gear. I started at level 27 and I stopped till I was a level 75
You only get level 50+ gear in Wintertusk, though. I was really mad because I couldn't use any of it.
Also, you can get spells in Grizzleheim when you get on a certain levels.
So, it's worth it

Defender
Dec 07, 2012

Melissa Daydreamer
It is worth it because you can get spells from it. There are school spells which say you have to go to places such as Wintertusk. So i would start doing it so you can learn some schools spells.Though at Mirkholm Keep does give you very low exp. But as you get to higher worlds as Wintertusk the exp rate will go higher. It goes for some quest like how Celestia's quest would some times give for exp.

So I hoped i helped you

From,
Fiona FairySong

Your Life Wiz

Defender
May 17, 2014
Very,VERY worth it.

I didn't do it, so I'm doing it now. Grizz is hecka easy for a wizard your level, but since I am only level 48 I might have a tough time when I come to WT. Heh.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2010
After completing raven scar you can go to writer tusk which give as much as early zafaria so it is good especially for Lvl 48 - 56. It is optional but is good world.

Survivor
May 16, 2014

Melissa Daydreamer
I just like the scenery .

Survivor
May 16, 2014
Nicole ShadowSong on Dec 7, 2014 wrote:
Very,VERY worth it.

I didn't do it, so I'm doing it now. Grizz is hecka easy for a wizard your level, but since I am only level 48 I might have a tough time when I come to WT. Heh.
Well you wont have any trouble in beginning grizzle I was level 20 and it was decent. You got this.

Defender
Mar 10, 2014

Melissa Daydreamer
yes it is worth it in my opinion. you get a spell at level 35 ice legeon shield storm super charge fire fuel myth shatter death dark pack balance elemental and spirit dispel life i think it is the spell that removes a DoT spell triangle i think.

sorry about my spelling i hope this helps