Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP and resist.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Dear KI,

All games have rules, Football, Baseball, tennis, and many online have the rules built in, and
the list goes on,.....
To date, W010 PvP has generated no rules, it's a free for all, just like the old Melee's during
the time of the Knights. I'm not bringing up Chivalry here, but the fact that PVP needs some rules
to make it a better game.

I expect that some will say, hey, they Level limited certain cards and made some cards no PvP.
I agree, and they were well needed at the time.

What we need right now, is a Resist Level, and I would like to see that as a limit of 75 for Ice and
65 for all other players. I feel this would help a great deal in limiting the players that go in with
immunity with max dispels to abuse the game. Even if a player when in with 68 resist, the game
would automatically reduce it to 65.
Please consider this, as the game evolves, I feel that it would really benefit the game in the long run.

Regards,
The Scarecrow.

Survivor
May 02, 2010
Things like this (The max resist idea) will eventually have to be implemented in one way or another. At this rate, with the max level caps, worlds being brought to game, new more powerful gear for high level wizards; eventually all schools will have max resist to all schools (will never happen but for example) and pvp wouldn't be anything but who has the most pierce. Eventually KI will need to increase the level cap and i'm sure gear caps (limit to how powerful the gear is) won't be implemented (maybe in pvp that would be a good idea once super powerful gear is made). Either KI will need to slow down updates, add more rules to pvp, or find another solution to this, if not, i've already made the conclusion of what pvp, etc will turn out to be.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
edward452 on Oct 13, 2014 wrote:
Things like this (The max resist idea) will eventually have to be implemented in one way or another. At this rate, with the max level caps, worlds being brought to game, new more powerful gear for high level wizards; eventually all schools will have max resist to all schools (will never happen but for example) and pvp wouldn't be anything but who has the most pierce. Eventually KI will need to increase the level cap and i'm sure gear caps (limit to how powerful the gear is) won't be implemented (maybe in pvp that would be a good idea once super powerful gear is made). Either KI will need to slow down updates, add more rules to pvp, or find another solution to this, if not, i've already made the conclusion of what pvp, etc will turn out to be.
Hi Edward452,

I agree, but what if you have a Wizard at Level 70 or 80 and don't want to bring that Wizard up
any more? I have Wizards at Levels 5, 20,33, 50, 90, etc, but I would like to PvP in these
target areas. Jade gear makes it very hard, once you move up the latter and get towards
Commander, and above where people know how to play. A level cap would make the
PvP game much more enjoyable, and would even out the play advantage from huge to
reasonable.
On your conclusion, I agree, I think unless the game is controlled better, it will turn out like
over games, with a one hit kill and you have nothing you can do about it. This would ruin PvP
in my opinion, pretty much as the Jade Death and Jade Life has made PvP boring. The time it
consumes is unreasonable at times, and the change to reshuffle did nothing to really help.
Now, Jades just pack more Reshuffles, and really it gives them a bigger advantage than they
had before.