Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

level boost

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
so here I and I idea you should do level boost to level 50 for like $50 or something on those lines but come on now it would be a awesome idea. then you can pay for the level boost for crowns around like 30,000 crowns.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
Please, never. Why join a game, then pay to NOT play it? Just NO.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
blueshell4325 on Oct 3, 2014 wrote:
so here I and I idea you should do level boost to level 50 for like $50 or something on those lines but come on now it would be a awesome idea. then you can pay for the level boost for crowns around like 30,000 crowns.
Absolutely not. You would never survive without the game-play knowledge learned through quests not to mention how unfair it is. No.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
So, a kid that gets about 50 dollars allowance a day will get to exalted in no time while kids who had to struggle to get a membership slog in say zafaria to level up. Sounds Completely fair. Why did you even think they would implement this?

Explorer
Feb 18, 2010
This wouldn't happen. What if a new player buys this? They have then just missed out on the first arc pretty much. Also players would be level 100 halfway through azteca if they bought that deal.

Anyways, Kingsisle would never offer a deal like that. Especially when they recently have been focusing on attracting newer players.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2009
My opinion is all games should be subscription only, with a small trial period before playing, no in-game money like crowns, whatever you get - you kill to get, this develops a certain respect among the players, and crowns wouldn't be needed if the auction allowed more trading, and they took the level cap off of the gold amount, It would be real nice to put all my pets on the auction instead of just letting them rot at my home. Any game can have its own monetary system that supports the game and players. Crowns are not needed - nor henchmen. ( I miss u dearly EQOA)

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
My opinion is this would not only increase the amount of unskilled, inexperienced players in-game, but will also literally flood the message boards with even more repetitive questions/requests.

Due to the diversity of the age groups that play Wizard101, you may also be increasing the chance of those who boosted their level prematurely, to be targeted for teasing due to their lack of general knowledge of the game. "What? You're level 50 and you don't know (fill in the blank)?"

This game is 6 years old. There are no races to be first anything, unless KI comes out with new content, and KI luckily doesn't reward such gameplay with a fancy title, or any other perks. On many game titles, racing through the newest content of a game means you were the guinea pig and did it through the "bugs" and glitches.

The concept of this game is to play as a group, or with friends and level together. As much as I would sometimes love to just have my family members wizards on par with mine during difficult content, it is better to allow them to experience all that Wizard101 has to offer.

Gabriel

Survivor
Mar 28, 2010
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
the day this happens, i will quit the game and never come back.

i am an adult, with plenty of disposable income, but i do not believe in pay-to-win and never have. there's enough of that already; crown shop items should exist for fun only and should never be better than in-game dropped/crafted items.

-von

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
How about this: You have to defeat Morganthe to unlock it.
This way, no level 50 noobs, but you can still use it to, say, PvP at Legendary without having to go through all that work. Crowns vs. Time anyone?

Explorer
Aug 14, 2012
Dr Von on Oct 5, 2014 wrote:
the day this happens, i will quit the game and never come back.

i am an adult, with plenty of disposable income, but i do not believe in pay-to-win and never have. there's enough of that already; crown shop items should exist for fun only and should never be better than in-game dropped/crafted items.

-von
I completely agree; I'm not an adult (but I'm not exactly a kid either; I've got income) but I'm not paying for that. It takes the fun and the whole point out of a game- why play when you can level like that, but why even have the game if you don't play?
Besides, I've always been "that person" that is going through the entire game without using crowns. It may be harder, but so much the better; it gives a lot more of a sense of accomplishment. This idea would entirely ruin the game.

-Calamity Deathbringer

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
There are a lot of people who try to get to higher levels to make the current world they're working on easier to deal with. I remember years ago I always had level 20 - 30 wizards porting in on me while I was in The Labyrinth, The Stellarium, The Portico/Lunarium, and other dungeons to try and cash in on the XP.

It's one thing to try and grab some extra XP and advance levels that way (which just means you're not going to get that XP later on), but if you're starting out and instantly jumping to level 50... sure, you'll have the extra HP and MP, but a lot of spells and pets you won't be able to get. You'll be stuck in Wizard City while all of the quests you need to complete to get those things will be in worlds you can't get to yet.

When I first started out, I probably would have though it would be awesome to have an option similar to this, but after playing the game for almost 4 years now, I understand how detrimental it would be. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to be trying to level up when you're 50 levels ahead of schedule.

I'm not petty... I don't care if others have something I don't or didn't have. But in the long run I don't think it really benefits any player to have an option like that.

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
blueshell4325 on Oct 4, 2014 wrote:
wow chill people it was just the person idea.
But just so you know, if you want "the prize", you're gonna have to earn it.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I agree. I'm kind of disappointed in the feedback from many of the posters in this thread.

Ideas are your friends. Take a chill pill.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
Sorry if I came off rude, I just didn't agree with the idea.