Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why orthrus spell is so powerful!

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 29, 2014
Everytime I do Ranked Pvp, sometimes get to fight with a myth this myth wizards are using a orthrus and always kill me! and after the match I look on thr stats and the not that high yet so he/she might using a trueasure cards, even though thr using a trueasure card the orthrus is still a powerful move

Carlos Nightrider
Wizard101 level35

Explorer
Mar 06, 2014
carlosmi11 on Sep 27, 2014 wrote:
Everytime I do Ranked Pvp, sometimes get to fight with a myth this myth wizards are using a orthrus and always kill me! and after the match I look on thr stats and the not that high yet so he/she might using a trueasure cards, even though thr using a trueasure card the orthrus is still a powerful move

Carlos Nightrider
Wizard101 level35
Othurs is a good spell for low level pvp. People use Othrus and win. I am sorry this was so short. Adam level 66 Austin level 5 Fallon When the darkness is in reach we will all ways shine the light.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
It's probably enchanted. It's not that much actually, just 700 damage for 7 pips. Its main advantage is that it thwarts shields. Try double-shielding against Myth and/or using Weakness.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
carlosmi11 on Sep 27, 2014 wrote:

Carlos Nightrider
Wizard101 level35
So plan for it. Minotaur and Orthrus are two-hit spells. The second one is always the most powerful. You will need two shields for each of those spells. It's really not complicated...

Defender
May 06, 2011
Orthrus is usually powerful on the second hit.

Orthrus - 60 + 650

People sometimes use the first attack of Orthrus to break your shield and have the second attack do more damage. However, these Myth opponents you've been battling may have enchanted their Orthrus card.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Basic Orthrus users are easy to thwart with the methods listed above.

Advanced Orthrus users who are worth their salt are going to make sure you can't shield by using minions, Pierce, and Shatter, so the strategies listed above won't work against them. Instead, you have to rush the battle so they will have to heal and waste pips. You control what moves they make by putting them below the "OH NO I'M TAKING DAMAGE" threshold. On top of that, you can make sure you have the upper hand by 1) controlling the bubble, 2) using weakness to stall them for a couple of extra rounds, 3) use Infallible and go for a low-pip, high damage spell combo, since Orthrus users usually don't bother to shield when you don't appear to have many pips.

Keep in mind you can always lose to Orthrus if you're unlucky. Going second turn and getting the wrong cards is sometimes all it takes.

Defender
Jun 29, 2014
Lucas Rain on Sep 29, 2014 wrote:
Basic Orthrus users are easy to thwart with the methods listed above.

Advanced Orthrus users who are worth their salt are going to make sure you can't shield by using minions, Pierce, and Shatter, so the strategies listed above won't work against them. Instead, you have to rush the battle so they will have to heal and waste pips. You control what moves they make by putting them below the "OH NO I'M TAKING DAMAGE" threshold. On top of that, you can make sure you have the upper hand by 1) controlling the bubble, 2) using weakness to stall them for a couple of extra rounds, 3) use Infallible and go for a low-pip, high damage spell combo, since Orthrus users usually don't bother to shield when you don't appear to have many pips.

Keep in mind you can always lose to Orthrus if you're unlucky. Going second turn and getting the wrong cards is sometimes all it takes.
Thank you! I'll try what you said!

thank you everyone!!!