Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hydra mount rare?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
I've only seen one of these in game before. That may not be an indication of their rarity if others have them and don't like them or don't use them.

Are they the only three player mount in game?
Have you seen one?
If you've got one, how much did it take you to get it?

Survivor
Dec 30, 2013
As far as I know, yes they are the only 3 player mount in the game.
From getting through malistaire and grizzelheim/wysteria I have only seen a dozen people with the hydra.
In all my time I spent 5000 crowns in-game and 30000 crowns in the test realm and still have not gotten it.
To sum it up: the hydra is extremely rare. Good luck to anyone who tries to get it.

Hope this helps!
-Chase DragonTamer lvl 47 Master

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I've seen them a couple times. They are the only 3 person mount and they are VERY rare in the packs. I gave up trying to get one a long time ago.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
FrelaB on Sep 13, 2014 wrote:
I've only seen one of these in game before. That may not be an indication of their rarity if others have them and don't like them or don't use them.

Have you seen one?
It is available in one of the card packs.
It is not the only 3-player mount
Yes I have seen a lot of them.
I do have one... I have no idea how many packs I purchased (not trying to get the mount).

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
Hm I'm not sure but all I can say is that I somehow lucked up and got mine for the Christmas in July event after buying the pack three times with no luck.... and your right I don't see too many of them but I love my hydra especially since I'm a balance wizard oh and yes as far as I know the hydra is the only three person mount in current existence

Historian
Aug 10, 2009

Have you seen one?
I got mine a long time back from a card pack, think it was the hydra hoard? Anyway I stopped using it just cause it was so big.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2009
I have a hydra mount, and it took me two or three tries I believe? Any mounts that come from packs are very hard to get though, so I just lucked out. And yes, I believe the hydra is the only three person mount, but dont quote me on it xD

Survivor
Jun 20, 2012
i have seen a few. I really want one though because they look very cool and it is the only ice school mount and i think it will look cool on my ice character... i have spent around 2000-3000 crowns on this pack and still havent got it so i am guessing it is rare from the pack or people just dont like the look of the mount

-Noah Stone 35
-Samuel Stone5
-Caleb Shadowbringer8
(sister's account)-Caitlyn 7

Survivor
Jan 26, 2013
It is the epic mount of the Hoard of the Hydra pack. So yes, they are quite hard to get, and it is the only mount that can hold three players currently. I don't have one, but certainly tried, but my friend does and it took her a lot of packs to get her hydra. Hope this helped!

Survivor
Aug 25, 2013

Have you seen one?
they are rare because there from the dragon lore pack a pack that goes on and off so that's why its so rare I don't think its a 3 person mount and I never got one

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
darkpokemon12345 on Sep 14, 2014 wrote:
they are rare because there from the dragon lore pack a pack that goes on and off so that's why its so rare I don't think its a 3 person mount and I never got one
Yes it is a 3 person mount :)

Explorer
Feb 02, 2014
So I got one! Spent close to 5,000 crowns on Hoard of the Hydra packs to get it. I love it because I have two real life friends I play with all the time so it works well for me. Except, I kind of want another one LOL.....

Survivor
Jul 02, 2013
I got one from my 20th pack! It's useful and i am thinking about making tours around the Sprial with the Hydra Mount.

Explorer
Sep 24, 2011
The hydra is the only 3 person mount in existence. You can get it from hoard of the hydra pack. I got really lucky and got it only maybe my fifth try. They are extremely rare and come along every 10,000 it's opened in total of all players. Mimi recommend trying a few times everyday.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2012
well i got 3 hyrda mounts! i was opening the hydra hoard pack for energy gear but then boom, 2 hyrda's in one pack! then after that one i got another! LOL

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
I have one I got about two years ago or so. was looking for energy gear when I got it. did not really want it. right now he is in one of my Balance wizard's castles running around there. if you are traveling with two other people on a regular basis it is fun. but they are rare. also it is rare for most two player mounts in the game as well.

bought a few more again looking for energy gear but alas no energy and no second mount.

Defender
Jan 22, 2012
They are fairly rare mounts. I have one - I went on a bit of a pack splurge a while ago and I remember just buying vast amounts of packs because I thought they were a good deal, I didn't even think about the mount. But then I got it and was really pleased. Can't quite remember the name of the pack - but I think it had the word hydra in it?

Sierra Ashblood, Transcendent

Defender
May 17, 2014
Suprisingly enough, I got one on my second pack bought.

I never use it since it's too high for my liking, I usually use my lioness mount.

Survivor
May 30, 2011
I have seen a lot of people riding hydras nowadays. Once a get a bundle, I'm going to spend all them crowns on that hyrda pack. Or, you know what, maybe not all of my crowns. Lol.

Samantha NightGarden lvl 49
P.S. I do not have one.