Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting the talent i want

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 24, 2011
Okay so i train 2 unicorns pets to epic i would have train it to mega BUT i got some crappy pet talent at epic it so annoying i got the same talent in both my unicorns (these unicorns are not those kind of unicorns you could buy from wizard city pet venders there special unicorns that have high petdigree) i got a crappy vengeance card at epic for BOTH my unicorns( it's not MC vengeance it's just a card) it's so annoying. then i train a flying squirrel to ancient AND IT GOT THE SAME TALENT. i gave up on those pets and tired to get new ones. If anyone that wants to hatch with me that has pain giver or defy please reply

Survivor
Jun 21, 2011
wizardofburgers on Aug 17, 2014 wrote:
Okay so i train 2 unicorns pets to epic i would have train it to mega BUT i got some crappy pet talent at epic it so annoying i got the same talent in both my unicorns (these unicorns are not those kind of unicorns you could buy from wizard city pet venders there special unicorns that have high petdigree) i got a crappy vengeance card at epic for BOTH my unicorns( it's not MC vengeance it's just a card) it's so annoying. then i train a flying squirrel to ancient AND IT GOT THE SAME TALENT. i gave up on those pets and tired to get new ones. If anyone that wants to hatch with me that has pain giver or defy please reply
I am not wanting to hatch with you, BUT I may give you some assistance on how to raise your pet to give you the spells you want.

(Read on if you're trying to train for a PvP helping pet)

Say for instance, you want a resistance sort of spell like Spell-Proof or Spell-Defy. Play the Grumpy Gobblers shooting game #3. It gives 2 Strength and 2 Agility points. Strength and Agility both increase resistance and if my current studies are correct on Wizard101, training your pet to what you want it to be good at, it will soon grow up to be that.

Just like in real life. Say you're training to play soccer and that's all you do. Only soccer. Nothing else. You'll be good at soccer, and none other. BUT!; Just from doing that, you might grow up to be a professional soccer player.

Also, there are those Pet Snacks that everyone loves! Heh heh heh... WRONG! Pet snacks increase power. Power sounds all fine and dandy but if you want to MOST LIKELY get good stats, here's the math:

Max Strength + Max Intellect + Max Agility + Max Will - Max Power = X

X in this scenario is the number you'll get from that math. Now you should get a somewhat low number if you did MAX Power. If you don't feed it Pet Snacks, it won't get power. So the Power will stay at 0
But wait! Remember up there where I said the Grumpy Gobblers game helps only to the Strength And Agility? Well, you may have now noticed that Strength and Agility are the only ones that will go up. The rest will be 0. You will most likely get your Spell-Defy/Proof now, but now what?

OBVIOUSLY, you start on a new goal. Say you now want to train your pet for the healing-type spells like Fairy, Sprite, Unicorn, Healing Current, or Health Bat. You will not focus on the talents that give Incoming/Outgoing Healing. Those are from a whole different pet ability that gives you Incoming/Outgoing Healing percentage advantages. Healing technically helps your Resistance, right? So you'll do the same thing. (Skip back up if you need a refresher)

If you wanted a talent like Pain-Giver, (@wizardofburgers), You would focus on stats that go towards Damage, such as Strength And Will. I haven't looked yet if there are any games that give 2-2 on Strength and Will, but if there isn't, let's use some common sence. Strength or Will for Damage. Obviously Strength. So 2-2 Strength/Will or 3-1 Strength/Will.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Please know you would have to have these abilities first in order to train to them. I haven't fully solved this yet, but what I do know is that once you have a slot flipped over, you're going to get that slot transfered to the next baby through hatching. I prefer that you hatch at Mega WITH another Mega. Both of you should havent decent stats and all of the slots combined flipped over; Your Mega pet and their Mega pet, will be transfered into the baby's all 10 talents. 5 will be determined on how you train your pet and the other 5 are not used. I hope this helped.

Conner Legendblade