Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fullscreen

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 12, 2012
Hello wonderful Spiral out there! I would like to ask you guys at Kingsisle to kindly fix a bug/glitch/whatever. Now we all know how there is a fullscreen mode, right? Well I use to be able to freely switch from fullscreen to non-fullscreen. Then one day, I got locked onto fullscreen and can't get out! I'd like this fixed because on that rare (but still possible) chance I need to use the Wizard101 wiki for something. Someone did mention how to tab it but I'd like to see what's going on in my game. Could you fix this issue please, for not just me, but for everyone out there with the same problem. Please?!?!?!?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't understand the issue. Hit escape to open options, choose fullscreen off/on. You can switch between them just fine.

Administrator
Hello Dragon Princess,

Have you tried the process Seethe42 describes? Was that able to fix the issue for you?

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Dec 12, 2012
It doesn't work, because the arrows to go between on and off are grayed out.

Administrator
Hello Dragon Princess,

Try the steps below and see if that is able to fix the issue for you.

To turn off fullscreen, you must first change the game resolution to something smaller than your desktop resolution. To do this, just go to the Video Options page of your spellbook and change Resolution until the Fullscreen buttons light up. Then you can just turn the fullscreen option off and play in a windowed mode.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Dec 12, 2012
Defender
Dec 12, 2012
It worked! I like my new resolution better anyway! Thank you!