Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The pip system

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 12, 2012
You know how spells have a number that tells you how many pips it takes to cast it? And at the start of each round (if you don't have max pips) you get a pip? Well I figured out something! The pip count of most spells (excluding X pip spells) is wrong! Here is an example:

On the Firecat spell, it says it needs 1 pip to cast. Well after you cast the spell and the round is over, you get a pip. So with my new system, it costs no pips.

The same applies to all spells (except X pip spells and 0 pip spells, which I'll explain next) so Fire Elf is 1 pip instead of 2, Sunbird is 2, etc. Now for 0 pip spells:

Tower Shield costs 0pips, according to the spell right? Well after you cast it and the round is over (if you don't have max pips) you get a pip, so it really costs -1 pipss, meaning you get a free pip!

So that is what I have to say about the pip system. If you disagree, post below. If you have any quesyions, also post below. Thanks for reading!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
No. The current power pip system works great, this would make things horrible. High level players already get 2 pips per round and start with 5 pips. Filling up with "free" noob pips would make casting anything at high level impossible.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
seethe42 on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
No. The current power pip system works great, this would make things horrible. High level players already get 2 pips per round and start with 5 pips. Filling up with "free" noob pips would make casting anything at high level impossible.
I don't know what the heck you are talking about with "High level players already get 2 pips per round and start with 5 pips.". Where did you get that? We start with 2 pips, and only gain one pip per round.

As for this "New Pip System", it doesn't work. Say you want to use Sun Bird and only have 2 pips. Well, with your new system, Sun Bird only costs "2 pips", but the card says it costs three pips, so I can't cast Sun Bird. You're system doesn't work at all, don't try to make it work. You still get a pip at the start of each round, even if you don't cast a spell.

-Nick level 100

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Nicholas Hawkspear on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
I don't know what the heck you are talking about with "High level players already get 2 pips per round and start with 5 pips.". Where did you get that? We start with 2 pips, and only gain one pip per round.

As for this "New Pip System", it doesn't work. Say you want to use Sun Bird and only have 2 pips. Well, with your new system, Sun Bird only costs "2 pips", but the card says it costs three pips, so I can't cast Sun Bird. You're system doesn't work at all, don't try to make it work. You still get a pip at the start of each round, even if you don't cast a spell.

-Nick level 100
1 Starting Pip (which by high level is a USUALLY powerpip) + 1 power pip from wand + 1 regular pip from the K2 decks = 5 starting pips.

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
Robobot1747 on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
Is this a suggestion or an observation?
This is an observation,

Archon
Sep 17, 2012

-Nick level 100
A power pip = 2 pips. @ lvl 100 you start with 2 power pips and 1 regular if you have a pip deck, which most everyone does, that's 5. You get a power pip pretty much every round = 2 pips.

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Um no. Your over thinking it. You cant cast sunbird with 2 pips. When it says "3", that means you must have 3 pips in order to cast it. You get 1 every round because thats how the game works. So if you had 5 pips, used a sunbird, you would be left with 2 pips, but since your given 1 pip per round, you would end up with 3.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014

-Nick level 100
He's saying high level players start with 2 power and one white pips, sufficient to cast a 5 mana spell. This requires a pip giving deck from Khrysalis, as well as a power pip wand. And a player with a Khrysalis pip giving deck probably has a 100% power pip percentage, so gains 1 power pip worth 2 mana every turn.

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
*face palm* Some of you don't get it.....

1. This is an observation, not a suggestion. I never mentioned a new pip system.

2. I know Sunbird costs 3 pips, the reason I said Sunbird was 2 is because after every round, you get a pip so after you cast Sunbird (3 pips) you get another pip when next round starts, so it's like you only paid 2.

3. Consider who may have posted this. He/she may be younger than you and he/she may not be as smart/advanced as you are.

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
seethe42 on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
I never said the pips would all be noob (white) pips, now did I? You could get a "free" power pip depending on your power pip chance.

Champion
Jul 13, 2013
dragon princess on Jul 31, 2014 wrote:
You know how spells have a number that tells you how many pips it takes to cast it? And at the start of each round (if you don't have max pips) you get a pip? Well I figured out something! The pip count of most spells (excluding X pip spells) is wrong! Here is an example:

On the Firecat spell, it says it needs 1 pip to cast. Well after you cast the spell and the round is over, you get a pip. So with my new system, it costs no pips.

The same applies to all spells (except X pip spells and 0 pip spells, which I'll explain next) so Fire Elf is 1 pip instead of 2, Sunbird is 2, etc. Now for 0 pip spells:

Tower Shield costs 0pips, according to the spell right? Well after you cast it and the round is over (if you don't have max pips) you get a pip, so it really costs -1 pipss, meaning you get a free pip!

So that is what I have to say about the pip system. If you disagree, post below. If you have any quesyions, also post below. Thanks for reading!
No. Just no.
First of all, the spells take away a certain amount of pips, even if you gain a new one at the end of a round. If you lost your dog and you bought a new one, this is like saying you never lost a dog before.
Second, the number of pips has to coincide with the amount of mana the spell uses...you don't get more mana each round, so....
Third, King's Isle would never spend so much money to fix something that already works great.
Fourth, you would have to learn how to duel all over again. I have been playing for a year and it would really get annoying to have everything messed up.
As you can see, this idea has nothing but negative impact on the game.
So, no, leave my pips alone please!
Myrna Dragoncloud, Grandmaster
"The Purifier"

Explorer
May 08, 2014
No cause if you use a 0 pip spell you don't use any pips but if you use a rank one spell and only have one pip it uses that pip and the next round you get a pip so you never really gained a pip because you used it and it was replaced while if you used a rank zero it wouldn't use that pip and so you will have gained a pip the next round