Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's the Benefits for fishing??

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2014
hello i would like to know what's the Benefits for fishing is it just a Random Skill the put in

to keep us busy ?.

(new-player)

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
Fish are needed for some of the new crafting recipes for teleporter tapestries.

Defender
May 09, 2010
Fishing can indeed be used in some current crafting recipes, and yes, it indeed is a way to get us to play more often, but nothing's really wrong with that. Alongside this, it is good to have stuff to do, things to keep people busy, ya know? And fishing may be important in some way or another in the future! Some powerful new things might be able to be crafted, but with fish. So I suggest That you at least do the first quest, and get the feel of the reel!

Blaze Stormmancer

Explorer
May 08, 2014
Fishing is more for showing off your prize catches and putting them in aquariums.. its more of a decoration idea, which is fantastic for me. There are few craft items like tapestry to bazaar etc that requires certain amount of fish.

I only suggest fishing if your are not farming plants or training pets, since it does take quite a lot of energy over time... especially if going after epic or rare fish :) happy fishing friend!

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Wizoflife573 on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
hello i would like to know what's the Benefits for fishing is it just a Random Skill the put in

to keep us busy ?.

(new-player)
If you don't want the craft part of fishing I think the "keep us busy" maybe the reason?

I personally am not interested in it at all so haven't done it. I have a few I know that did or are doing it but they are not really interested in another "chance to get" aspect of the game and are tiring of the "getting away" and getting the "wrong" fish. So I have a feeling some will stick with it and some will try it and move on.

Mary

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
As for tangible benefits,
  1. You can sell fish for a decent amount of gold.
  2. You can craft some cool objects if you have enough fish reagents.
  3. Sometimes you get treasure chests as fishing rewards--contain about 1000 gold each, a piece of gear (sometimes is rare or crowns gear), and a crafting reagent of some kind.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I have only done fishing on my Myth, and she's just shy of L5 after doing the 'training'.

That's it for me. Fishing isn't fun. There really are no benefits. It's a waste of energy that I can use for something more productive like gardening and pet training. I got tired of losing fish all the time and I am not going to buy elixirs from the crown shop to maybe get a better chance of catching any ol' fish.

I can live without the tapestries. But, I have a feeling that KI will add fish to future crafting (possibly gear) that we can't avoid, just like you can't avoid Grizzleheim and Wintertusk if you want your school spells.

Survivor
Feb 18, 2012
Can I Be Honest? I Am Super, Disapointed At The Update, I thought when it said," It would Keep Us Coming Back " I was thinking a Expansion Too wysteria, or a new dungeon for EXALTED + (HINT HINT) in Aquila, But It Was Fishing X: I'm Glad I have something too do besides sit in the commons being a exalted life Wizard, nothing too do besides Pagoda, Bane, Spiral Cup, Sit in Shadow palace and listen too the music, but i can't wait for the future

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Joseph Starriver on Jul 29, 2014 wrote:
Can I Be Honest? I Am Super, Disapointed At The Update, I thought when it said," It would Keep Us Coming Back " I was thinking a Expansion Too wysteria, or a new dungeon for EXALTED + (HINT HINT) in Aquila, But It Was Fishing X: I'm Glad I have something too do besides sit in the commons being a exalted life Wizard, nothing too do besides Pagoda, Bane, Spiral Cup, Sit in Shadow palace and listen too the music, but i can't wait for the future
Not quite sure why you expected another big expansion only a couple months after KH2. They generally do a couple major updates per year. They already added Khrysalis part 2, Fishing, Spiral Gauntlet, Team-ups and Recall so far this year. I would expect the next major update to come in Fall, like it does every year.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Jul 26, 2014 wrote:
I have only done fishing on my Myth, and she's just shy of L5 after doing the 'training'.

That's it for me. Fishing isn't fun. There really are no benefits. It's a waste of energy that I can use for something more productive like gardening and pet training. I got tired of losing fish all the time and I am not going to buy elixirs from the crown shop to maybe get a better chance of catching any ol' fish.

I can live without the tapestries. But, I have a feeling that KI will add fish to future crafting (possibly gear) that we can't avoid, just like you can't avoid Grizzleheim and Wintertusk if you want your school spells.
I broke down and gave it a try on a wizard I plan on deleting and I agree it's not much fun, unless you like sitting around waiting for a lure to go under water.

I had a problem in the commons and ole town with friend request popping up so I would suggest turning this off in setting before fishing. I moved to Unicorn Way where no one was and had the camera angle switch to the back of my wizard close up so I couldn't see the lure twice, the first time I canceled the second time it got away while I was trying to see if it was a key I hit to cause it.

Last but not least I guess I suffer from a bit of motion sickness because the water ripple got to me after a while.

In the beginning the timing of when to hit the space bar lost me a lot of energy, I caught a lot of the same common fish, I had more get away, in some spots of water it's almost impossible to see the given ice lure which most of the fish said they didn't like anyway. It may also tie up too many slots of wizards for me. I have one to garden, one to pet train, now I would need one for fishing?

Mary