Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

spider archmagus too op

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Dec 05, 2012
i think the boss "spider archmagus" is too hard. he has three fire minions and after you kill them he like always blocks critical. and at all times he always criticals. plus it is hard to block his criticals and i have over an eighty five critical block. this may have to do with piercing, but if it is he is too op with piercing then.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Blaze Deathward on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
i think the boss "spider archmagus" is too hard. he has three fire minions and after you kill them he like always blocks critical. and at all times he always criticals. plus it is hard to block his criticals and i have over an eighty five critical block. this may have to do with piercing, but if it is he is too op with piercing then.
in this case, don't blame the boss; blame your stats.

i don't know your school or level. but, based on where you are in-game, i will assume that you are at least level 95, meaning that 85 block is nowhere near enough to survive those massive crits.

with my current setup, my storm wizard has 212 universal block, and she blocks every hit; i don't have hades gear; so the stuff i have is easily accessible to everyone (save for the wand, which came from some pack once).

i'd be interested to know what gear you have equipped, so we can help you boost your wizard's stats.

-von
exalted

Mastermind
Jul 26, 2011
85 block??? You at least have to have 160 Block to block most stuff from bosses or mobs. 85 Block is Avalon, Zafaria, maybe even Celestia block. From what I remember Spider Archmagus is in the Hive so you're around Level 98-100. I'd recommend getting a wand with block, craft the Azteca or Khrysalis boots or get a ring/athame or both, with block.