Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Familiars

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 19, 2009
So, okay, ... I play a lot of both Wizard101 and Pirate101, after a long World of Warcraft hiatus, ... and I enjoy them both.

But there is one aspect of P101 that I enjoy more than W101 ... and that's CREWS. So, I was just thinking, wouldn't it be neat if our Wizards could have Crews like our Pirates? And then, I think, I realize, hey then, ... why not?

How about ... teams of Familiars? Our Wizards could learn to summon Spirits of our School, or of other schools, and put together teams much like Pirate Crews that could be summoned in combat, if there is room on the Battle Circle. Is that a good name for it? Is that its name? That's never been clarified for me ...

Anyway, ... we could eventually learn to summon whatever elementals, spirits, etc, that is appropriate for our Class, our School, as well as those from other Schools as well, so we could mix and match these helpers against our enemies' Classes, the way you would when selecting a henchman during battle ...

BTW, love the Quest Finder option in our Quest Logs. And I got to ask, why isn't there a similar option in our Quest Logs in P101? Sure would make a big difference, making sure I pick up everything ...

A couple things, I think, worth the Developers' consideration.

Survivor
Mar 24, 2009
What you are describing sounds a lot like minions.
Although I think you are trying to describe a 'permanent' minion.

I think that would be very very helpful, but would really make the game a lot easier and would reduce team work.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Aurora Griffin on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
So, okay, ... I play a lot of both Wizard101 and Pirate101, after a long World of Warcraft hiatus, ... and I enjoy them both.

But there is one aspect of P101 that I enjoy more than W101 ... and that's CREWS. So, I was just thinking, wouldn't it be neat if our Wizards could have Crews like our Pirates? And then, I think, I realize, hey then, ... why not?

How about ... teams of Familiars? Our Wizards could learn to summon Spirits of our School, or of other schools, and put together teams much like Pirate Crews that could be summoned in combat, if there is room on the Battle Circle. Is that a good name for it? Is that its name? That's never been clarified for me ...

Anyway, ... we could eventually learn to summon whatever elementals, spirits, etc, that is appropriate for our Class, our School, as well as those from other Schools as well, so we could mix and match these helpers against our enemies' Classes, the way you would when selecting a henchman during battle ...

BTW, love the Quest Finder option in our Quest Logs. And I got to ask, why isn't there a similar option in our Quest Logs in P101? Sure would make a big difference, making sure I pick up everything ...

A couple things, I think, worth the Developers' consideration.
don't mean to be rude, but fyi, we're not pirates, we do different things.

We kill Spider people (Morganthe's army), they kill Mechanical people (The Armada)

We got friends, they got crew friends

We do all eventually get a minion, no matter the school.

BUT, I do think they should add the quest finder to Pirate101, I believe I forgot some side quests in Mooshu.

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 74