Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hmmm. Fishing competition would be so much fun

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
Is it possible that PVP competition for fishing might be in the near future? That would be awesome. Chances to win prizes and ranks would make it much better.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Chelseawhisper on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
Is it possible that PVP competition for fishing might be in the near future? That would be awesome. Chances to win prizes and ranks would make it much better.
Please no. We have enough complaining from PvP...we don't need to start a whole new area to whine about.

Survivor
May 12, 2009
Chelseawhisper on Jul 17, 2014 wrote:
I'd actually love that they could make new areas specifically for fishing competitions, it should be more a tournament style setup rather then 1v1 kinda thing and it shouldnt be highly competetive either cause like in real life fishing although it does take skill also takes a HUGE amount of luck. During these competitions you should be given a certain amount of nenergy say 25 and catching a fish will not cost energy but utility spells like reveal fish would and theres prizes accordingly for things like,
-mot fish caught
-rarest fish caught(tiebreaker is size)
-smallest fish caught
-biggest fish caught
there should also be tounram,ent variations like only fire fish count etc. or competitions to see who catches the target fish first so on
the lvl of lure used should be decided by the tourney rules ( example. lesser harmony lure or minor harmony ure)
it would take allot of work to make things fair but i think something similar to what i listed above would be really fun to do

Explorer
Mar 16, 2011
I would be okay with that, but from experience with PvP in the arena and how it kind of ruins the fun of the game the way KI runs it, I disagree. If it could just be a competition between friends in a private pond, where the winner gets all fish caught but everyone gets credit for the fish they caught, that would be pretty cool. However, mass random PvP fishing would not work out well.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
The only thing I like about fishing is that its NOT a competition and its more of a hobby ...

Sarai Thunderstrider
Legendary

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
Please dont do this. on my knees begging you guys not to do this.

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
Oh great, another idea to start a Wizard101 Warzone. There's one way to look at the Players of Wizard101, those who PVP, and those who don't. Sometimes they get in little fights, like in my post: Given Up PVP? Sometimes they get in an all out Quote and Comment to the death fight and then Kingsisle got to go clean up the carnage people left behind by locking down the post. I don't mean to be offensive by my comment.

Marcus crafter, lvl 74

Survivor
Dec 11, 2010
hmm ok can see both sides of this but say they make a huge lake just for competitions or a sea though that would be hard with a whole lot of little streams and outlets coming off it or even a boat or two that you can go out on and you could use those I mean that would help you have to realize that fishing as a sport is mainly a solo thing you don't bring friends along like you do with pvp it is something relaxing and frustrating lol to have competitions would be great and you could have length of time for this fishing if you have played other fishing games you will notice that they have quick fishing or timed fishing you have to look at the big picture us oldies would love to have something like this but it takes time I do not think that it will ever turn into the disaster of pvp as you could never have people port to you if you are in a boat for one