Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nightside?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2014
So I'm trying to figure out why I haven't gotten the Nightside quest yet. I was reading through the storyline quests for Firecat Alley and I realized that I haven't gotten the "Hair Stylin'" quest yet. This is odd because, according to a walkthrough I've been following, finishing the quest "Magma Mania" is supposed to give you two quests: "Hair Stylin'" and "Oil Rush". I got the latter but not the former. What have I done wrong?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Survivor
Jun 19, 2014
seethe42 on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
Talk to Private Quinn to get Hair Stylin'
I would but there's no icon over his head

Survivor
Jun 19, 2014
Survivor
May 10, 2009
Maybe, reset the whole game system, sometimes there is a bug issue.. Just reset the game and Lets see the results. 98

Survivor
Jun 19, 2014
Snoop3001 on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
Maybe, reset the whole game system, sometimes there is a bug issue.. Just reset the game and Lets see the results. 98
But wouldn't I lose all my progress on my wizard if I do that?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
GamerGrrl97 on Jul 19, 2014 wrote:
But wouldn't I lose all my progress on my wizard if I do that?
What Snoop means is uninstall and reinstall Wizard101, and no you won't lose anything.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2014
seethe42 on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
What Snoop means is uninstall and reinstall Wizard101, and no you won't lose anything.
Ok, I uninstalled and reinstalled Wizard101 and ran over to Firecat Alley to see if the quest was available. Still no icon over Private Quinn's head. I'm starting to get a bit discouraged

Administrator
GamerGrrl97 on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
So I'm trying to figure out why I haven't gotten the Nightside quest yet. I was reading through the storyline quests for Firecat Alley and I realized that I haven't gotten the "Hair Stylin'" quest yet. This is odd because, according to a walkthrough I've been following, finishing the quest "Magma Mania" is supposed to give you two quests: "Hair Stylin'" and "Oil Rush". I got the latter but not the former. What have I done wrong?
Hello GamerGrrl97,

Have you completed the quest Dire News given to you by Private Quinn? Once you have completed that quest, you should receive the quest Hair Stylin'.

Good luck and please let us know if you have further questions.

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
GamerGrrl97 on Jul 15, 2014 wrote:
Did you go see Greta Darkettle after defeating the Magma Men? You have to see her FIRST and THEN go see Private Quinn.

And the quest tree is below for reference:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Wizard_City_Quest_Tree

Survivor
Jun 19, 2014
Professor Greyrose on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
Hello GamerGrrl97,

Have you completed the quest Dire News given to you by Private Quinn? Once you have completed that quest, you should receive the quest Hair Stylin'.

Good luck and please let us know if you have further questions.
Hi Professor Greyrose,

I'm almost positive I have completed the Dire News quest. Just to be sure, is there a way to see which quests you have finished?

Survivor
Jun 19, 2014
RavenLady777 on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
Did you go see Greta Darkettle after defeating the Magma Men? You have to see her FIRST and THEN go see Private Quinn.

And the quest tree is below for reference:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Quest:Wizard_City_Quest_Tree
Yes, I did go to see her.