Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hex TC

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Hi, I was looking through my TCs and noticed that Hex only adds 25% damage, but normal Hex adds 30%. Shouldn't the TC add 35%?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
There are 25% and 30% versions of Hex TC. Being that they stack with any school I believe they decided not to make it more powerful. Yes Curse is 20% and 25% TC, but Hex is craftable. Hex Item cards come in all 25%, 30% and 35%, mostly 35%. Also notice that feint doesn't increase in damage percent either.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Nathaniel OgreBlad... on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
Hi, I was looking through my TCs and noticed that Hex only adds 25% damage, but normal Hex adds 30%. Shouldn't the TC add 35%?
No. Hex is normally a Balance school-only spell so the treasure card should not be more than the spell itself.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Hex

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/TreasureCard:Hex

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
The OP is correct, in almost every other instance the TC version of a spell is stronger, regardless of whether it's school-only or not. Hex and Feint (as seethe42 stated) are a couple of the few exceptions, and to my knowledge there has never been a logical or empirical explanation as to why this is so. It looks completely arbitrary.

Examples:
  • Balanceblade (Balance only) is 25% boost, while TC Balanceblade is 30% boost, and Eye of Bartleby TC Balanceblade is 35% boost.
  • Stormblade (Storm only) is 30% boost, while TC Stormblade is 35% boost
  • Storm Trap (not Storm only) is 25% boost, while TC Storm Trap is 30% boost, and Eye of Bartleby TC Storm Trap is 35% boost.
  • Death Trap (not Death only) is 30% boost, while TC Death Trap is 35% boost, and Eye of Bartleby TC Death Trap is 40% boost.